android
Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM

Exclamation after mouting has msc - sd card not viewable?(not music)

Hey after putting the (brand new) sansa clip+ into msc i can view the internal space but not the sd card's space ..basically / it's not viewable and the weird part it appears has raw space in disk management but when i mount has mtp it appears fine / with space and all ..any ideas on what could be causing it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Not sure what you're asking. The devil is in the details with dealing with viewing files on a sandisk player. The more details you supply the more likely someone will spot what the issue might be. If you outline the steps you took to get to this point it would help.

What USB mode, MTP, MSC or autodetect was used to transfer the files? What USB mode is being used to try to view the files? What OS are you using? Did the OS report success after the installation of it's in built drivers?

You need to try to view the files in the same mode they were transferred. Files transferred in one mode usually can't be seen in the other.

Autodefect can change between both modes without notification. I'd pick a USB mode in the sandisk System Settings menu and lock that in. Not doing that is the most frequent cause of the "where the heck are the files I just transferred?" posts here.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:55 PM

Exclamation

Well it did install the drivers by the looks of it ..i think anyways i'm on Windows 8.1 anyways the steps i took is
1. unpack and connect to computer waiting for it to charge
2. charged all the way i think and what i did after was disconnet and put the sd card in which already had the songs in it..it would just skip them idk why so formatted it i did (i prepared it a few days before it arrived)
3. put it back in fat32 since i heard that's the format it needs to take
4. try to to make the drive appear but has you can see in the photo it just appears like that instead of with space like a normal sdcard would..

let me know if i missed something

quick e - i kinda fixed it via installing rockbox ..can see sd card And internal space at the same time ..lovely

Last edited by alama; 01-09-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: thank god for rockbox

Old 01-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up Glad it worked but just so you know

Good to hear that you got that straightened out. I suspect it was the need to switch to MSC USB mode to install Rockbox is what fixed the issue though.

You said you started using it without changing the USB mode. The default is autodetect which defaults to MTP. If you loaded the card with a card reader those files were loaded in MSC. That creates the situation where files that are loaded in one mode can't be seen in the other. That's probably why you ouldn't see the contents of the card and the player at the same time.

The usual solution is to remove whatever files were loaded in one mode, switch to the mode you prefer and reload the files. Apparently installing Rockbox had the same results.

I'd call that a win-win. Rockbox is much more useful to me than the sandisk firmware. The sandisk firmware isn't that bad but what you gain with Rockbox takes what can be done to another level. Not having to deal with the database refresh makes it worth while for me.