android
Old 01-07-2014, 10:01 AM

Default Clip+ and resume feature

Hi,
I often listen to long mp3 tracks, 30 or 40 minutes each, and I'm looking for an mp3 player with resume feature, that permit to play the track where I stopped it before.
I'd like to buy Sansa Clip+ 8GB mp3 player, do you know if this player has this feature using mp3 files?
Thank you very much.
Kind regards.

Remigio

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

As long as a single resume point per file is all you need it should work the way you need. Any file put in the Audiobooks or Podcasts folder resumes very reliably. Each file in those folders has a single resume point created when playback stops. There's nothing needed from you to create the resume point as long as the files are in those folders. You don't need to tag them as audiobooks or podcasts.

When you open the file again there's a message asking if you want to resume or play from the beginning. If you choose to resume it starts back just where you left off.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Fantastic!
It's really what I'm looking for!
So, I can play an mp3 file from anywhere in the Clip+ folder and resume feature goes? Without tagging them?
Thank you very much!

Old 01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Administrator

The Clip+ automatically creates Podcasts and Audiobooks folders. Only files placed in those folders resume that way. Files in any other location won't have the resume feature.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 AM

well, so if I put an mp3 file in the podcast folder, tag it is not necessary in any way, right? Simply just copy the file and resume feature works, right? Thank you very much indeed, it's really very important for me to know this feature because the Sansa Clip+ will be used by a visually impaired person.
Kind regards.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Being able to resume without needing manual tagging is what makes the Clip+ a favorite among the people I know that listen to audiobooks and podcasts. As long as the files are in the Podcast or Audiobooks folder they resume without any need for additional tagging.

It's best if the files have some type of tagging to identify them. Whatever tagging they come with should work. If they aren't tagged in any way they all show lumped together as Unknown.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:22 PM

I'm very grateful to you for these specifications.
I think I'll buy this player.
Thank you very much.
Regards