android
Old 12-15-2013, 12:59 AM

I'm rocking the M6 over the ear earbuds atm. Gotta say for $20-ish they have great sound quality and amazing staying power. Almost never have to push them back in at work and thanks to the triple flange buds I can push them back in with the back of my hand and not even have to use my fingers.

I feel they are easily one of the best affordable headphones on the market for under $25.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't heard the M6, however based on comparison of the M6 by others to earphones I have heard, it seems like the $12 Soundmagic ES18 is far superior.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:01 AM

You should check to see if those reviews are old or not because the M6 have had large improvements since release. Also sound with the M6 is all about the fit, if someone doesn't know what they are doing and uses tips that are not right for them sound quality will suffer drastically.

Although I've never tried the ES18 so I can't say how they compare from my own experience.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 AM

I had a set of M6 (about 9-10 months ago), and for budget IEMs they were okay. As far as SoundMAGIC's offerings go, I have only heard the E10 and E30, both of which were definitely better than the M6. If the ones JK98 mentioned are similar to the E10/E30, then I have no problem believing they are better too. I like MEElectronics products, but SoundMAGIC is very tough to beat.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 AM

Well I've heard two people say they were awesome now and for $12 you really can't go wrong so I'll order a pair.

If they are as good as I've heard I'll make them my "beater" headphones I take out when I don't want to risk my Vsonic Gr07s.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sony XBA-1 balanced armature IEM is around $25 on Amazon. It has great detail, although many feel its bass is not impactful enough. This is the feeling in general though for all single driver BA IEMs. I have had mine for a number of months, and am listening to it now with the bass on my player's equilizer boosted by 8 db. It is a nice change when I want to switch from my Soundmagic ES18. The XBA-1 has much better isolation than the ES18, especially when it is placed deeply in the ear. Bass is also much better with the XBA-1 inserted so that the outer end is flush with the tragus.

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem