android
Old 09-17-2013, 09:04 PM

Default Good Bass Headphones

So I'm looking into getting a new pair of headphones after some Skullcandy Hesh 2s. I listen to electronic music and a lot of dubstep. I use them in my house so I won't need good isolation or noise blocking. I'm looking for amazing bass but still want great quality with the upper and mid-tones. So far, I've found some Sennheisers (particularly the 429s) and Skullcandy Crushers. Anything under $100 will do (ok with a little higher though) and around-ear fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Check out the JVC HA-S500's. We've all imported them from Japan, and the sq is top notch.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Check out the JVC HA-S500's. We've all imported them from Japan, and the sq is top notch.
+1

Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Agreed, for sure...though they're not around-ear headphones without some accessory-buying and modding.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Agreed, for sure...though they're not around-ear headphones without some accessory-buying and modding.
True, they're not over-the-ear,...but we all agree that they're $50 very well spent!

Old 11-01-2013, 02:42 AM

What about Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm , I have used it before, pretty good

Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Default JVC HA-FX1X vs Sony Sony MDRXB600

I am an extreme BASS HEAD !
I recently read about the Sony MDRXB600. They were according to the writer, the best sub 100$ BASS heavy headphones on the market. So I bought the Sony MDRXB600 on Amazon. I was expecting ... more than what the tiny and 1/3 priced JVC HA-FX1X produce in terms of bass. I own the JVC HA-FX1X too. I am disapointed about the MDRXB600. It has a bit more clarity overall. The stereo is wider. But for my electronic minimal house music, it adds no extra bass. I should even say that the JVC has even more bass, when I push the buds properly in to my ears. I have made a clips for the cord, so that it does in no way pulls on the buds, because this diminishes the bass immediately. The big MDRXB600 heats up my ears, because it sits over my ears, in stead of in it. So if you are a bass head like me. The little JVC HA-FX1X outperform the big Sony MDRXB600. The little bastards from JVC also play louder for the same input.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM

Any of the above but you better be owning a Digizoid Zo.

Or like Stozz-Audio on facebook for updates of when new reviews come out and ex review sample giveawayshttps://www.facebook.com/StozzAudio

Tags
bass, electronic, headphones, sennheiser, skullcandy