android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 PM
coolforyou coolforyou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Default Help me in choosing in-ear phones in 70 -100 $

Hi guys ,

I am a musician (Guitarist). I love listening to music of all genre
in detailed manner with amplified(delivering more DB output from ear phones ) or increased volume of music without affecting my ear, at the same time i don't want to use any amp for music explicit , i going to use only samgung mobile or sansa clip+. I am not a bass head man or expecting too much bass than normally the song has been recorded. At the same time i love correct crispy bass , and very good mid and very good treble. Overall i must love and enjoy the music with the in-ear phones that you are suggesting . Another point i have small ear hole so i must choose the in-ear phones so that it should fit comfortable in my ear.


I have chosen some in-ear phones by reading this forum , yet if there are any new product available then please do suggest

1. HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline

2. klipsch image s4

3. sennheiser cx 300 II --> it has quite more bass , if sennheiser has any version with quite less bass then it will suite me , but don't have idia



4. AKG K375 ----- > some say it is good some say its is worst , please help me in choosing the best for my taste and money


above one are just up to my knowledge, but please do suggest latest updated best in- ear phones. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Mikerman Mikerman is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,445
Default

For whatever it is worth, the Klipsch phones can be found for well below your listed price range--be sure to check the prices at Amazon.com.
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM
JK98 JK98 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,986
Default

There are some cheaper IEMs that I am impressed with. I like the Panasonic RP-HJE355 for its great detail. The JVC HA-FX40 also has great detail, and has more bass than the RP-HJE355, however the HA-FX40 is also very bright, and imo has too much treble. I also like the Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has more bass impact than the HJE355, but not as much midrange detail. These are under $25 each. The JVC HA-FX40 is the first IEM using carbon nanotube technology. The Sony XBA-1 BA IEM is around $30 now. It has great detail, although some say it is lacking in bass. I haven't heard it personally, but have read several reviews praising it, and it is on my to buy list.

I have the Sennheiser CX300. The CX300II is said to be very similar. I am not very impressed with the CX300. I like my RP-HJE450,RP-HJE355, and HA-FX40 better than the CX300. The CX300 isn't horrible, however now for less money there are better IEMs. I especially like the ergonomic design and great fit of the HJE450 and HJE355 as they have oval nozzles the emerge near the edge at an angle.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
vashta_nerada vashta_nerada is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolforyou View Post
Hi guys ,

I am a musician (Guitarist). I love listening to music of all genre
in detailed manner with amplified(delivering more DB output from ear phones ) or increased volume of music without affecting my ear, at the same time i don't want to use any amp for music explicit , i going to use only samgung mobile or sansa clip+. I am not a bass head man or expecting too much bass than normally the song has been recorded. At the same time i love correct crispy bass , and very good mid and very good treble. Overall i must love and enjoy the music with the in-ear phones that you are suggesting . Another point i have small ear hole so i must choose the in-ear phones so that it should fit comfortable in my ear.


I have chosen some in-ear phones by reading this forum , yet if there are any new product available then please do suggest

1. HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline

2. klipsch image s4

3. sennheiser cx 300 II --> it has quite more bass , if sennheiser has any version with quite less bass then it will suite me , but don't have idia



4. AKG K375 ----- > some say it is good some say its is worst , please help me in choosing the best for my taste and money


above one are just up to my knowledge, but please do suggest latest updated best in- ear phones. Thanks in advance

My favorite link for IEMs though not updated anymore:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/conc...march-1st-2013

I think of the list there the RE400 fits your sound and budget since the other 2 are bassy IEMs.

I recommend the TDK IE800 or TDK BA200.
Bass has good impact but still extends pretty well in the sub-bass.
Slightly forward and nicely detailed mids makes vocals, especially female vocals, sound very good and intimate. BA200 treble is slightly rolled off in the upper range but the IE800 isn't rolled off as much. Neither are fatiguing.

Tip rolling should help with comfort and isolation.

Range from 100-150 new. And 80-120 used.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:04 PM
coolforyou coolforyou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashta_nerada View Post
My favorite link for IEMs though not updated anymore:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/conc...march-1st-2013

I think of the list there the RE400 fits your sound and budget since the other 2 are bassy IEMs.

I recommend the TDK IE800 or TDK BA200.
Bass has good impact but still extends pretty well in the sub-bass.
Slightly forward and nicely detailed mids makes vocals, especially female vocals, sound very good and intimate. BA200 treble is slightly rolled off in the upper range but the IE800 isn't rolled off as much. Neither are fatiguing.

Tip rolling should help with comfort and isolation.

Range from 100-150 new. And 80-120 used.

Thanks a lot for your @vashta_nerada , for you wonderfull suggestion

so, TDK IE800 got five star review that even hifiman re 400 has not got 5 star.

Have you used TDK IE800 ? what pros and corn you will say about this ?

thank u advance


Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
There are some cheaper IEMs that I am impressed with. I like the Panasonic RP-HJE355 for its great detail. The JVC HA-FX40 also has great detail, and has more bass than the RP-HJE355, however the HA-FX40 is also very bright, and imo has too much treble. I also like the Panasonic RP-HJE450. It has more bass impact than the HJE355, but not as much midrange detail. These are under $25 each. The JVC HA-FX40 is the first IEM using carbon nanotube technology. The Sony XBA-1 BA IEM is around $30 now. It has great detail, although some say it is lacking in bass. I haven't heard it personally, but have read several reviews praising it, and it is on my to buy list.

I have the Sennheiser CX300. The CX300II is said to be very similar. I am not very impressed with the CX300. I like my RP-HJE450,RP-HJE355, and HA-FX40 better than the CX300. The CX300 isn't horrible, however now for less money there are better IEMs. I especially like the ergonomic design and great fit of the HJE450 and HJE355 as they have oval nozzles the emerge near the edge at an angle.
@JK98 , Actually the thing is , i was amazed with CX300II except the bass was quite more , but you are saying HA-FX40 is far better than CX300II right ?

Ok , Panasonic RP-HJE355 or HA-FX40 or Sony XBA-1 BA , which one you will prefer or you are using daily for listening and enjoying songs to the core of all genre ? i am really confused and the problem is my friend is coming from US next month , only he is going to buy me a IEM , so only i thought of buy a GOOD BEST IEM FOR 100$ but from your reply it seems the IEM that you have suggested will come equal to 100 $ IEM right ?

does you IEM will be equal to TDK IE800 in sound quality and sounding lke being amped with using amp emplicit ... thank u advance
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:31 PM
JK98 JK98 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,986
Default

There is no one best IEM under $100. Some IEMs for $60 or $80 might not be much better than a good $25 one. The thing about IEMs is if you use it quite a bit it will break after a while. Some break an IEM every few months, while others manage to use an IEM for a few years. I suggest that for $100 you might want to get 4 different $25 IEMs rather than one $100 one. That is what I did. With an IEM it isn't just about sound quality and which type of sound you prefer, but how well it fits you. The IEM I use the most is the Panasonic RP-HJE450 since it not only sounds great, but it fits me the best of all my IEMs. If you have small ears though, a smaller IEM like the Panasonic RP-HJE355 might fit you better.

I only use an IEM when I am sitting or lying down, as imo walking around wearing an IEM is too dangerous, especially if you are out walking through traffic. An IEM is good for use on a plane, train, or bus, when you want to block the noise. When I need to hear my surroundings I use traditional earbuds, or traditional earbuds with ear hooks and keep the volume low.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
coolforyou coolforyou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
There is no one best IEM under $100. Some IEMs for $60 or $80 might not be much better than a good $25 one. The thing about IEMs is if you use it quite a bit it will break after a while. Some break an IEM every few months, while others manage to use an IEM for a few years. I suggest that for $100 you might want to get 4 different $25 IEMs rather than one $100 one. That is what I did. With an IEM it isn't just about sound quality and which type of sound you prefer, but how well it fits you. The IEM I use the most is the Panasonic RP-HJE450 since it not only sounds great, but it fits me the best of all my IEMs. If you have small ears though, a smaller IEM like the Panasonic RP-HJE355 might fit you better.

I only use an IEM when I am sitting or lying down, as imo walking around wearing an IEM is too dangerous, especially if you are out walking through traffic. An IEM is good for use on a plane, train, or bus, when you want to block the noise. When I need to hear my surroundings I use traditional earbuds, or traditional earbuds with ear hooks and keep the volume low.
Thank you for you reply .

RP-HJE450 is highest model but it has some more bass so i will buy RP-HJE355 .. we will see how it is . Plus as you said RP-HJE355 will be better than cx300 ii right ? in crispness and in mid and bass ans in clarity ?
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 PM
coolforyou coolforyou is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
There is no one best IEM under $100. Some IEMs for $60 or $80 might not be much better than a good $25 one. The thing about IEMs is if you use it quite a bit it will break after a while. Some break an IEM every few months, while others manage to use an IEM for a few years. I suggest that for $100 you might want to get 4 different $25 IEMs rather than one $100 one. That is what I did. With an IEM it isn't just about sound quality and which type of sound you prefer, but how well it fits you. The IEM I use the most is the Panasonic RP-HJE450 since it not only sounds great, but it fits me the best of all my IEMs. If you have small ears though, a smaller IEM like the Panasonic RP-HJE355 might fit you better.

I only use an IEM when I am sitting or lying down, as imo walking around wearing an IEM is too dangerous, especially if you are out walking through traffic. An IEM is good for use on a plane, train, or bus, when you want to block the noise. When I need to hear my surroundings I use traditional earbuds, or traditional earbuds with ear hooks and keep the volume low.

@ JK98

Finially i got Panasonic HJE335 in ear phones . IT is really so crispy bass and treble but clarity is missing . i mean some times music plays behind is not hear properly. But overall it is Good . thanks a lot

i am facing one problem in my ear after using this for 1 hour. My ear canal is slightly paining and i stopped listing after one hour and that effect even continued in the night while sleeping even without using IEM. so till now i didn't listen so now my ear s are fine . is it common for all those who use in ear for the first time ? will it affect my ear drum ? how many months are years you are using IEM ? thanks in advance
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-30-2013, 08:19 PM
JK98 JK98 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,986
Default

The HJE355 has a huge amount of clarity. Let it play for a while before listening to it again.

Are you playing the music too loud? Are you using tips that fit your ear canals?

IEMs do take some time getting used to. There is also a technique to inserting IEMs.
Do some google searches for more information. I have been using IEMs for only around 3 years.

Sometimes I have to change the tips a few times until I find the right tips that work well with the IEMs and my ears. Wih some IEMs very small tips work best for me, while with other IEMs large tips work best. I have a number of sets of tips from all the IEMs I have bought.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Mikerman Mikerman is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,445
Default

In case you didn't see it, the Klipsch phones currently are available for $35.99 shipped, a rare price this low. Personally, I'd jump on these . . . you could even buy a second, replacement pair at this price.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72474
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
danx55 danx55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 544
Default

hi guys,

im almost in tears from reading so many conflicting IEM reviews on the net!
ive counted and discounted pretty much all of them it seems :/
i think i might be back to the Panasonic RP-HJE450 for the comfort and price .... but im a bit concern about lack of bass and too high trebbles :/

cheers
dan
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 11-24-2013, 07:16 PM
SupprtTekkie's Avatar
SupprtTekkie SupprtTekkie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 33
Smile

So there are a lot of opinions on IEMs because it all depends on the person and what they like. It is very subjective. However I have found this to be very very helpful.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...11-12-13-p-806

I have to say I really enjoy the following IEMs and I am a bit of a bass head. I alternate in between the IEMs below and these are my top 5.

1. Audio Technica ATH-CKS55
2. Brainwavz M2
3. Brainwavz R1
4. Klipsch S4 (not bass heavy but they fit the best)
5. Hippo VB

First 4 are still available at Amazon.com and the pricing ranges from $50 - $70.

I hope that this helps you a little
__________________
PMP/DAPs: Cowon D2 16GB, Sansa Clip+ 4GB, Sansa Clip+ 2GB (Rockbox'd), Sansa Fuze 8GB (Rockbox'd)
IEMs: Audio Technica ATH-CKS55, Klipsch S4, Brainwavz M2, Brainwavz R1, Hippo VB
Cans: Senheiser EH-150
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 11-24-2013, 11:45 PM
danx55 danx55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 544
Default

hi guys,

finally bagged myself some pana 450s - im liking them a lot prefer them to cx300ii - plus they have sensible Y cable not J cable

clean sound overall, with reasonable bass and very comfy fit

and 28

cheers
dan
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
JK98 JK98 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,986
Default

The Panasonic RP-HJE450 produces plenty of bass. Those who say the bass isn't good didn't use proper fitting tips, and didn't get a good seal(or else they are bass heads and want unnatural exaggerated bass). With any IEM, the bass is very dependent on the seal the tips give you. It is ported though, so isolation isn't great. One clue to the amount of deep bass an IEM produces is the size of the driver. Imo an IEM driver needs to be at least 12.5mm to get good deep bass(some IEMs with smaller drivers exaggerate the higher bass to make up for the lack of deep bass-not the same thing). The Panasonic RP-HJE450 has 12.5mm drivers. It gives deep bass that sounds natural, not exaggerated. The only IEM I have with better deep bass is the Sony MDR-EX210B, which has 13.5 mm drivers, and produces great deep bass that still sounds natural. When I play Bach's Toccata and Fugue on that, it is amazing! Imo the HJE450 is not bright sounding at all. It has decent treble, however the treble is very laid back, and if anything a bit less than I would like.

I probably have around two dozen IEMs, although they were all $30 each or less. My favorite is the Panasonic RP-HJE450, not just for the excellent sound, but also for the great fit and comfort. I guess my second favorite is the Sony MDR-EX210B. Believe it or not, my third favorite costs only $12. It is the Soundmagic ES12. While its driver is only 10mm and it isn't great for deep bass, it still has nice sounding bass(although the deepest bass is missing) and sounds very natural and musical. It is a great buy for just $12.

I want to get some more IEMs with 13.5 mm or larger drivers, but probably not the extra bass ones. I like good deep bass, however I want it in proportion, and I want it to sound natural.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:16 PM
JK98 JK98 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,986
Default

Did you read these reviews?

http://www.testfreaks.com/headphones...nic-rp-hje450/

http://alatest.com/reviews/headphone...3-95206151,74/
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.