android
Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
The E11 is solid, the D:ZO is hollow. I have the V1, I can't speak for the V2.
well they are built the same - dayme

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallydubbedHD View Post
well they are built the same - dayme
I luv the D:ZO, don't get me wrong. There's no amp that's as good for bass-boosting as the D:ZO. But, the build quality sux. I know they did that to keep he costs down,...but make a premium metal & SLIGHTLY thicker model w/a bigger battery and I'll put it in my sig on all the sites I'm on. And, I'm on a few sites.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I luv the D:ZO, don't get me wrong. There's no amp that's as good for bass-boosting as the D:ZO. But, the build quality sux. I know they did that to keep he costs down,...but make a premium metal & SLIGHTLY thicker model w/a bigger battery and I'll put it in my sig on all the sites I'm on. And, I'm on a few sites.
hehe!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Actually they decided to keep the build quality sucky in order to maximize profit (greed). The material they used to actually build the device is at most a few dollars. Spending 5 dollars more on better material for each device allows them to raise the price by 5 dollars (or keep it the same since their profit margin is way up there anyway). A 5 dollar raise in price for much better build quality wouldn't hurt their sales but rather improve it.

Lastly, I think the fiio e11 can boost the bass just as good. I have both and the zo doesn't sound better than the e11. IMO, they are comparable with no one superior to the other. But the e11 is cheaper with better build quality. If the zo 2 was the same price as the e11 or had better build quality then it would be a clear winner over the e11 and probably double its sales.

$120 vs. $65 with comparable sound quality and better build? I choose the $65 device.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:27 PM

While I haven't heard the E11, I do have/had the E3, E5, E6, E7, E10, and D5. The bass boost on all those FiiOs is generally muddy, bloated, and overbearing. They're not even remotely in the same league as the ZO when it comes to punchy quality bass boost. I somehow really doubt FiiO managed to get the bass right for once on the E11, but as I said, I haven't heard this particular one...

Old 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
While I haven't heard the E11, I do have/had the E3, E5, E6, E7, E10, and D5. The bass boost on all those FiiOs is generally muddy, bloated, and overbearing. They're not even remotely in the same league as the ZO when it comes to punchy quality bass boost. I somehow really doubt FiiO managed to get the bass right for once on the E11, but as I said, I haven't heard this particular one...
I find the E11 to have a clean type of sound - although the ZO2 does seriously raise the bar with bass quantity!

My ABI Feedback thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The E11 and D:ZO are NOTHING alike. The sound coming from the ZO is totally different.

Also, Digizoid is considering a premium model. I would know, I suggested it to them. They have my name, and know who I am on ABi. We'll see what the future holds for, IMO, THE BEST bass boosting amp made.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The e11 is much cleaner and DIFFERENT than the other fiios I had (E3 and E5 which were muddy). Here are my rmaa results.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, and what setting did you have the Digizoid ZO on? Step 2,... It's not just "on", step "1" step "2". There are numerous settings, so that test is somewhat invalid. That is, unless, you test every step and post the graphs for every one of them. So, the test is incomplete.

The Digizoid ZO starts with a small bass boost, and the last setting is mind-numbing. I found the Digizoid ZO to really sound clean, clear, and HUGE!!! The FiiO E11 is an amp with a 2 stage bass boost. It does sound pretty good, but not D:ZO good.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Ok, and what setting did you have the Digizoid ZO on? Step 2,... It's not just "on", step "1" step "2". There are numerous settings, so that test is somewhat invalid. That is, unless, you test every step and post the graphs for every one of them. So, the test is incomplete.

The Digizoid ZO starts with a small bass boost, and the last setting is mind-numbing. I found the Digizoid ZO to really sound clean, clear, and HUGE!!! The FiiO E11 is an amp with a 2 stage bass boost. It does sound pretty good, but not D:ZO good.
The two definitely sound different but I can't say which one sounds better. Both have things I like in the sound quality. The thing I like most is the Zo's small size. I used two clicks for the ZO. 3 or more clicks starts to sound muddy to me (all of my headphones aren't that bass shy). Did you know that after 3 clicks the other clicks are negligible in a bass boost? I rmaa all of the clicks once and I got only a tiny touch in bass boost per step after the 3rd click, some as little as a few tenths of a dB. I kid you not. So in theory there are only 4 significant bass steps, 1st , 2nd, 3rd, and last (the 4th through last is just one bass step lol).

Old 10-31-2013, 08:44 PM

Thread resurrection time...

http://www.digizoid.com/?p=zo3

Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGamer870 View Post
Thread resurrection time...

http://www.digizoid.com/?p=zo3
Your supposed to start a NEW thread,...

Old 11-18-2013, 03:32 PM

I would really love to see a comparison between the zo2 and fiio e17 and BBE sonic 'in terms of fidelity sound quality