android
Old 03-30-2012, 08:31 PM

just found this thread, surprised not to see the monoprice headphones listed in the first post with the other headphones. They blow away most everything I have heard at $80 or less. I like them better then my koss ksc75's, my grado SR80's and all of the sennheisers i have owned in or around that price range. they are great. It is also awesome to see something in that price range have a replaceable cord. all for a little over $20 plus shipping and they are just a sweet deal, one of many finds I have come across by hanging around the guys on head-fi. http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM

anyone here able to recommend some good bluetooth stereo headphones?

by good i mean, don't hurt your ears or skip (sound cuts out) frequently.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I suggest that you use a corded headphone. Bluetooth decreases the sound quality and increases the price. Using bluetooth will also greatly decrease battery life of the player or phone. With bluetooth headphones, you won't just need to keep track of the charge the player or phone has, but also how much charge your headphone has.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I am curious about the new meelec BT sets. I used a plantronics set for a while and the sound quality was so-so and the battery life wasnt great. Looking at the size of most transmitters though, I would rather get a clip + and just clip it on my shirt with a decent set of corded IEMs. same difference and better battery life.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Monoprice 8320's IMO are absolutely fabulous.

So are the:
-Denon C260
-Sennheiser CX400-II
-Sennheiser CX500

Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Hi every body. Living in Belgium and loving bass.
I found in the admin post that starts this thread creative EP-630. I listen to dance Techno. Is that the best heavy bass in ear buds less than 50 euro can buy ?
I will buy and report here my experience unless you suggest better. I am not so happy with my i9 Cowon but some say it's the ear buds fault. So lets start with that first.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I wouldn't rush to buy the EP-630 right away. That evaluation was made several years ago. The IEM market has changed since then.

I'd post the information requested here in a new thread. Like you did in this post I'd be sure to include your location. Not every deal is available in every location.

A title that draws attention and describes your interest usually draws responses from the right people. Something like "Looking For Basshead IEMS Under 50 Euro" lets people know your interest, price range and general location all at the same time.

While you wait for responses I'd take a look at dfkt's comparison chart. That's updated more frequently and you may find something that fills your needs there.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:32 PM

When was the first post in this sticky last updated? Just curious.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN-minimal View Post
Hi every body. Living in Belgium and loving bass.
I found in the admin post that starts this thread creative EP-630. I listen to dance Techno. Is that the best heavy bass in ear buds less than 50 euro can buy ?
I will buy and report here my experience unless you suggest better. I am not so happy with my i9 Cowon but some say it's the ear buds fault. So lets start with that first.

I think the SoundMagic in-ears are one of the best choice,for bass-heavy,yet musical listening. Personally I can highly recommend yo the SoundMagic E30. Tight,strong a dynamic basses,with heavenly mids. The highs are good too!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The JVC HAS400 for around $25 is really awesome!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Soundmagic ES18 IEM for $12 and the Sony MDR-EX210B IEM for around $18 are awesome values. The ES18 sounds very musical, with several people saying it sounds very much like the $35 Soundmagic E10. The MDR-EX210B has 13.5mm drivers, which deliver that very deep bass energy that many crave.

The ES18 even has great response measurements.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/revi...-es18-measured

Last edited by JK98; 08-13-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:16 AM

Hey all, I am looking for a good set of OTE headphones for around $50-$80. I'm looking at the AKG K142HD found on amazon for about $65. Does anyone have a set and would recommend them, or even have other recommendations.
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGusBus View Post
Hey all, I am looking for a good set of OTE headphones for around $50-$80. I'm looking at the AKG K142HD found on amazon for about $65. Does anyone have a set and would recommend them, or even have other recommendations.
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Head-band-...ds=jvc+ha-s500

Old 08-17-2013, 03:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
+1

Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM

This thread is a bit out of date...and so am I.

What iems do you guys recommend for 12$-10 that I can buy online from a legit source?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Administrator

I'd say at that price point there won't be a tremendous amount of difference. I'd look at JK98's suggestions in this thread and here. if you look around there's another couple of threads where he's posted his findings with inexpensive headphones.

I find the JVC and Panasonic lower end headphones to fall into the what I consider "surprisingly good" category. Neither has world beater sound or build quality but I find myself enjoying what they have to bring at their price. I was quite surprised at the JVC Riptidz. I picked up a pair on sale at $6 and couldn't find anything really bad about them sonically. Nothing all that great but what I call livable. They won't replace my Soundmagic E10 but I keep a set in my pouch just in case my better ones decide to die.

I'd also look at the MEElectronic entry level IEMs. Some of them can be had dead cheap when they're on sale. And they go on sale a LOT. I had a set of MEElectronics M9 that grew little legs and ran away when some of the young relatives visited. I liked them better than the JVC Riptidz but not enough to order them again. I haven't kept up with their line of products since then but I'd be surprised if they don't have something at least as good available now.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 PM

I would like to add the PS Vita in-ear headset.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Never heard of them before but looking around for reviews the results are interesting. There's a number of complaints of them having no bass but I suspect those may be from people that don't know how to get a good seal with IEMs.

Looking at your other posts about headphones I think they're worth consideration. I trust your opinion more than the ones I see on Amazon any day.

The remarkable part to me is how much headphone you can get for the price has improved when it comes to IEMs since this thread was first started. I wasn't using IEMs then but once I started I used this thread to decide to get the Senn CX300. I got them for ~$30 iirc. They were an great bargain to me then. I wouldn't buy them now. It's not that they're that bad it's just what you can get for that price now makes the $30 sale price I see now too high. My Soundmagic E10 outclass them in every way and only cost $4 more.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Thanks skip252. You are so correct when you said "those may be from people that don't know how to get a good seal with IEMs". I just did a comparison with the Zune V2 Premium, Klipsch S4, and Sennheiser CX300-II in case anyone is interested.

Parameters:
Player: Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
Song: "Smooth" - Santana - Supernatural Album
App: Poweramp with equalizer set to Rock, Tone option on with Bass = 1/3 way up, Treble boost = none, Steroe X = none

My opinion is that the Vita headset sound quality is better than the Zune V2 with a little more bass. Not as much bass as the Klipsch S4, but a little more mid-range clarity. A richer, fuller sound than the Sennheiser CX300-II.

It also has a rubberized anti-tangle cord that cuts back on unwanted noise from movement.
I didn't buy the Vita headset for music, but had a pair lying around and thought to give them a try.

I will add (off-topic) that I'm probably much older than the rest of you and retired from 26 years in audio and electronics work relating to voice recordings for the blind. I've lost a bit of my high-frequency hearing abilities but used to be able to hear up to 16k. In those days, some equipment had a lot of high end noise that most people couldn't hear.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Best Headphone that i mostly uses Head phone and Cell Phone of Apple brand. do you know use I phone Head phone. Before one i buy an head phone of local brand but it is not comfortable and don't understand easily their voice.

Tags
earbud, earphone, headphone, iem