android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Saving my playlists to the external memory works quite well for me . It has ever since saratoga reworked the code. Before that there were sometimes very elaborate workarounds I used like this one.

I didn't mind setting it up as I'm familiar fooby2k and marc20003 made the directions easy to follow but it was a bit much for new users. The way it is now any software that creates .m3u playlists works to create playlists that use files from both memories as long as the save location is the external card.

In case you didn't know you can use the context menu to designate either the external card or a folder on it as the Playlist Catalog. You can do the same for any directory. I've found making a Playlists directory on the external card the default save location for both Rockbox and my PC software has all my playlists work. I've also found having them all in the same place makes it easy for me to find and use all my playlists.