android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM

Default how to upload a new android os system on a samsung galaxy yp g1 if it can not start?

I have a Samsung galaxy s wifi 4.0 yp g1. whenever you push the power button the Samsung symbol appears as usual. but, 3 seconds of the Samsung symbol being there the device shuts off and right after that tries to start up again. this will continue in a cycle until the battery wears out. the only things that you can make it do are- go to the reboot menu via the volume key and power key, and go into download mode. I have read some other threads that say that if wiping the data/factory reset and wiping the cache does not work (which I have tried and they failed) I have to re-flash the ROM. so I downloaded Odin3 v. 1.85 and Kies. I somehow managed for Odin to detect my device. I did not manage to get Kies to recognize it. I found some free ROM downloads from this site and tried them on the device. but none of them worked. I then tried to get a android gingerbread os download and load it on the device. this also failed. I do not know if I am doing something wrong or if I am going at it from the wrong approach. it would be awesome to get it fixed since it has been broken for 2 years. please tell me what I am supposed to do. thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Can you link us to the ROMs you tried? I don't want you to think it's condescending but it's imperative you get the right ROM for your device because there are so many different releases of the Galaxy Players. If you have an international device, for example, you can't use a US version kernel or ROM. But, if you can get into recovery mode, have you done a factory reset from there? What about do you have any backups stored someplace?

Old 10-22-2013, 07:09 PM

this is one of the downloads that I tried-
STeVEs Custom Kernel and ROM for YP-G1 (Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 EU + USA Version) (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59125319/STeVEs-3.0-USA.tar)
I also did another one from this website but I forget which one. I don't think that's its a custom ROM that I need but a normal android OS download in a zipped file. But yes it will be very hard to find the correct ROM for my device. I have tried factory reset but it does not work after I try to reboot it. do you mean backups by a external micro SD card or extra memory on the device?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd suggest finding a stock ROM. I know one was released before but I can't find it right now. Happy hunting.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:21 PM

thanks. I will try to find some good stock ROM. also with Odin, do I have to anything with- bootloader, PDA, phone or, CSC? also should re-partition be on?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You load ROMs into PDA, leave the others alone. Re-partition should NOT be checked. Which version of Odin are you using?

Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 PM

If you where trying to flash "stock based" ROMs (like Steves) then flash this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ock+rooted+4+0 in Odin 1.85, also ditch Kies and use the drivers from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555 after flashing the ROM reboot into recovery and do all the wipes (data/factory reset, cache and dalvick cache) then reboot. If that doesn't work then you have to go more extreme and hopefully you have a backup of your EFS then you can go for this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531850 if you can't get back to running with that then find a person near you that knows how to do this stuff.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM

I am using Odin 1.85.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
If you where trying to flash "stock based" ROMs (like Steves) then flash this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ock+rooted+4+0 in Odin 1.85, also ditch Kies and use the drivers from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555 after flashing the ROM reboot into recovery and do all the wipes (data/factory reset, cache and dalvick cache) then reboot. If that doesn't work then you have to go more extreme and hopefully you have a backup of your EFS then you can go for this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531850 if you can't get back to running with that then find a person near you that knows how to do this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebwh14 View Post
I am using Odin 1.85.
Hmm if you do have the intl version of the device, (Galaxy S Wifi/Wlan 4.0) you can take the G1XXKPQ which doesn't contain the efs.rfs in which would wipe all your /efs stuff needed for example if you want to go into newer versions of android.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:44 PM

well it has Spanish all over the box so I'm assuming its the intl.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebwh14 View Post
well it has Spanish all over the box so I'm assuming its the intl.
Yes it is so you can use the G1XXKPQ rom without any problem.