android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyceyes View Post
I had the same issue too after enabling both of the above (meaning, I still got the same error message you mentioned). On a hunch, I also made the following change which worked for me....

I went to the stock Cowon web browser, and in the settings *for the browser application itself*, I changed the "User-Agent" setting from "Default" to "Froyo". Then I tried to add my Google account again, and it immediately worked.

Once working, I changed that browser setting back to "Default" (just because ) as well as disable Android "Automatic Updates" too, as that consumes batteries unnecessarily.

This probably worked because underneath the covers, the Google Username/Password authentication step probably inherits the "User-Agent" setting of the stock web browser when it sends your information over to Google, and who knows that is for the "Default" settings (... perhaps something unrecognizable to Google).

I hope this helps you or someone else.
Thank you so much for the Google Play info, especially to Jenny777 and nyceyes. I NEVER would have figured out the "User Agent" switch myself! One additional question, though: I'd like to disable the Android automatic updates as you suggest, but haven't found the right menu item for that. Can you advise?

Thanks again.