android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Yep. Altho some people don't want to potentially crud up their device with software they may not want to keep around, especially if it's a basic question that someone with experience with the software can answer.
True. But 10 days after the question was asked there is no clear answer. Time for somebody to test it, and it won't be me, I don't think Rhapsody likes Canadians.

Steve

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Folks here are not "Rhapsody types"--I am sure that people at the SanDisk forums have tried Rhapsody, including on a microSD card in the player. The original poster might try a search on the forums there. http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-O...ayers/ct-p/mp3

Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM

I have a Sansa Fuse with 8GB micro sd - can download to both internal and external memory from Rhapsody

Old 10-18-2013, 10:53 PM

I don't use Rhapsody. (or any kind of instant download music source)

When I was creating my 32gb micro SD card for use in my Sansa Clip Zip, I first purchased the recording software from "<name removed>".

I then subscribed to "<name removed>", which I believe plays their music at 320 kbps.

Using the <name removed> software I simply recorded the albums I chose and listened to on <name removed>, and then put them on my micro SD card to be used in my Sansa Clip Zip.

Since I cannot hear the difference in music files above 192 kbps, I used the <name removed> software to convert the files from 320 to 192 kbps, so as to make room.

I currently have about 475 albums on my 32gb card.

I then let the <name removed> subscription expire when I was done filling up my 32gb micro SD card.

Now, if I want to make any additions, I use <name removed> to stream and record. <name removed> is free, but it is questionable as to what bit-rate they stream at.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Administrator

I've removed the names of the software you used and the streaming service you recorded the music from. There's enough recording software and streaming services that if anyone wants to find how to do that it won't be hard for them to come up with alternatives.

Why? The site rules are clear about that.
Quote:
Discussion of illegally trading copyrighted material is strictly prohibited and may result in a ban.
No one is naive enough to think what you do isn't done. How to go about it can't be discussed here.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Your edit of my post rendered it meaningless in my opinion.

If you are so worried about such names being posted, then why haven't you removed "Rhapsody" from this thread ?????

I don't get it.

I don't have time to waste here and won't be back again.

Please invalidate my membership in your forum.

Thank you.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacho View Post

If you are so worried about such names being posted, then why haven't you removed "Rhapsody" from this thread ?????
Maybe because Rhapsody is a legal music subscription service? Trying to (or discussing how to) circumvent legal download procedures or avoid fees is what is verboten here. As Skip252 (Administrator) explained.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the support Tapeworm. You said it all in a lot fewer words than I could have. There appears to be some part about not discussing illegally trading copyrighted some have difficulty understanding.

The interesting part about this amateur quality post on how to steal music by violating the TOS of the service they named is the software they recommended is payware that's copyrighted. They say they paid for it but I wonder. If you think it's alright to improperly acquire an artists work the transition to finding a way to not pay for another persons software doesn't seem all that big a jump.