android
Old 10-17-2013, 02:07 PM

Question Connect Nano to Win 7 (no iTunes, please)?

I know this is an anythingbutipod site, but this is the only place I can think of where I'm going to get an non-Applecentric answer to my question.

I'm supporting a friend who has a Win7 PC and an iPod Nano. I'm trying to keep her away from having to use iTunes. Instead, I'm recommending Foobar for MP3 playback on her PC.

That said, how can she load MP3s from her PC to the Nano, such that the Nano will play them back without any hassle when it's untethered?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Administrator

I'd try either MediaMonkey or MusicBee. I don't keep up with what versions iPods they support but MediaMonkey handles a couple of the ipods in my house for those that don't want to use iTunes.

IIRC you need to have iTunes or some parts of it installed but you don't need to open it. MediaMonkey finds the libraries it needs in the iTunes folder without you needing to open iTunes. The MM site is pretty well organized. It shouldn't be too hard to find more info you need there.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:12 AM

I used MediaMonkey when I had my ipod and never had Itunes on my computer. I can confirm it works wonderfully for many different mp3 players.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:01 PM

mediamonkey is way too bloated for my liking.
havent tryed musicbee, but almost everything else (i guess).

only thing that works for me is copytransmanager. (ipod nano 2gb - A1199)

but be aware! its freeware, but you have to extremly alter the settings and deinstall a lot of non-freeware stuff that gets installed afterwards...

other than that its small, simple and reliable.

Old 04-12-2014, 09:30 PM

Mediamonkey might have a lot to it but it is still a small program and has never once lagged on me. More features, still small, low on resources, and runs smoothly. You can't ask for better than that imo.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

foobar2000 has an iPod controlling component that you can add to it. I use that to manage the music on my Touch 2nd gen, and Mediamonkey to manage the music on my Touch 4G and Touch 5G.

My Nano 2G and Video 5.5G are both Rockboxed, so I don't use anything but copy and paste on them.