android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 AM
Administrator

From what I've read Beats audio software either an equalizer or another proprietary DSP in the vein of the BBE JetEfects on Cowons. The only Time I've had a chance to listen was on a laptop for maybe 3 minutes using a set of beats studio. In that short amount of time with unfamiliar headphones and settings I didn't try to it wouldn't be right to give anything but the most general impression.

It would be fair to say the setup sounded better than I expected but didn't blow me away. I had anticipated a massive bass fart and didn't get that. I'd be interested in exploring it more but I can't see myself spending much time or money to do that. I've found that too much processing tends to take away from the music instead of adding to it.

My experience is that a good set of headphones properly eq'ed gets me to where I need to be. I've tried enough equalizers and dsp effects to believe they are more similar than different. Beats may bring something new but unless I get my hands on that laptop with my headphones for a longer listening session I'll reserve judgement.