android
Old 07-31-2013, 01:29 AM

Post Best sounding Cowon mp3 player mainly for music.

i have decided that since i have an android smart phone with a hi res capacitive 4.3 inch display, im not going to bother with the low res resistive screens of x9 or the x7. instead i have turned to the smaller mp3 player category. I was wondering which would be better in your opinion between the i9, the i10 and the c2 or any other good cowon player with a screen so i can arrange playlists, view pictures. e.t.c Battery life is also plays a major part as well. Im a uni student and i commute an hour to uni an hour back 5 days a week. so whats opinion? Thanks

Last edited by tawandapro; 07-31-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: left out the c2

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawandapro View Post
i have decided that since i have an android smart phone with a hi res capacitive 4.3 inch display, im not going to bother with the low res resistive screens of x9 or the x7. instead i have turned to the smaller mp3 player category. I was wondering which would be better in your opinion between the i9, the i10 and the c2 or any other good cowon player with a screen so i can arrange playlists, view pictures. e.t.c Battery life is also plays a major part as well. Im a uni student and i commute an hour to uni an hour back 5 days a week. so whats opinion? Thanks
The C2 also has a resistive screen.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawandapro View Post
If you want a small and cheap player with great sound quality, then get a Sandisk Clip Zip and Rockbox it. It doesn't display photos, but is great for music. It is tiny and has a built in clip. It is under $40 in the US for a 4GB one. It has a micro SDHC card slot. Battery life is around 14 hours using Rockbox. You could pay much more for a larger and heavier Cowon C2 to get more battery life. I opted to stick with the Sandisk Clip+ and Clip Zip players and avoid the much more expensive Cowon players.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:17 AM

the i9 is nice and I love Cowons but get used to the idea of non-existent playlists if you buy one. It's an incredibly frustrating issue that all of us Cowon owners deal with because our complaints seem to have fallen on deaf ears when we complain directly to Cowon.

The one thing I do love about Cowons is that they will work with audible and they can play flac files. A lot of music players don't but since flac files are superior to mp3 files it's nice to have this option. However, if you don't know what flac files are and/or don't care then go with a small, sansa clip.

Tags
battery life, cowon i10, cowon i9, cowon mp3 player