android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio

Old 09-24-2013, 12:25 AM

Smile Which Cowon mp3 player has the best sound quality?

I've seen old posts of this question but i figured since they've changed their products the answers would now be different.

I was thinking of getting the iAudio 9+ but i haven't really seen many recommendations for it. The only ones i see are for the J3 and S9, which have been discontinued.

I don't need to play videos or go on the internet. I just want to listen to good quality music.
Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-24-2013, 11:11 AM

I don't know that there is any appreciable difference in audible sound quality from one Cowon device to another (at least out of their modern players, i.e. the ones from the last 5 or 6 years). I think the main difference you'll find will be the generation of bbe signal processing, and from my understanding, the differences are truly minor (at least from that on the J3 vs the I9+) and are limited to mostly slightly different presets. I personally am a HUGE fan of the J3 and its feature set, so I recommend you hold out until you can snag one of those. You may have to pay a premium price for one, but it's possible to get lucky. I snagged a damaged one from eBay for around $40, and after repairs, buying a USB cable and a cheap case, I was only out around a hundred bucks.
There are others on this forum who could provide better advice than I can, but I hope that helps.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:20 PM

Sound quality isn't really that much different between players these days. Instead, look for the player that has the features you want.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've owned a few older and newer Cowon players, and the only difference is refinements to the BBE settings. Otherwise they all sound the same. They only really differ in size, a feature or 2, and battery life. Buy the one that best suits your budget,...

Tags
cowon, cowon i9+