android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 03-02-2011, 03:21 PM

Default How to play playlist without being able to see screen

Hello, my screen is broken like everyone elses (it just went black one day for no apparent reason), but the music still plays, it can charge up and I have the same functionality with the device in terms of computer upload/storage etc.

I want to use my device to play my playlist in the car even though I can't see the screen. After turning on the device, what is the correct sequence of buttons to press in order to play the playlist "blind" (without seeing the screen)? Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. My Zen Vision M (30 gb) is about 5 years old, so it may finally have kicked the bucket, but I'd appreciate any help as to how I can get my display working again. It just went black the other day (after a low battery). When I charged it, the music still plays, but no display. Any advice from anyone about fixing the screen? Thanks.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:04 PM

Don't know if anyone still needs/wants help but eBay has reasonably priced replacement screens for the ZEN Vision:M. I can personally vouch for this one - used it to repair my first player after Frankenstein-ing it for my second.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 AM

I just encountered this problem last night. I was trying to put music on my zvm 30gb and since I use Bodhi Linux (garbage linux distrobution for old pc's) I've been having problems with putting music on it. Anyways that's not what I'm trying to bring up. Last night when I turned my PC on, I had my zen plugged in. At startup I unplugged it and the screen went half hazy and the other half was fine. Then when it turned on all the way it went full hazy. Much like everyone else.

I'm thinking about buying a replacement LCD screen, but I'm a bit uneasy about taking my zen apart. I know a good tutorial but I was wondering if any of you successfully repaired your Zen and how easy was it?

Also can you tell me where to buy other replacement parts? I checked ebay and searched google but I couldn't find much. I want to replace the front buttons as they're broke. They're currently held my electric tape.

Last edited by Bremaine; 01-03-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 AM

I've repaired/upgraded/modded my personal ZVM, seen in my avatar, repaired/upgraded my father's and repaired my first ZVM as a gift to my mother last year. These have involved replacing 2 HDDs (soon to be 3), 2 mainboards, 1 screen and 1 front button assembly (which involves taking it completely apart). Since you've found a tutorial, I'd say so long as your reasonably careful it's no big deal.

Here's the most comprehensive Vision:M part seller I've found on eBay (ordered a mainboard and touchpad assy. kit): all-monitors. Note that they offer repair services if you don't want to get your hands dirty. I got the screen from the page linked in my previous post (≈$20 cheaper).

I also still have my working black touchpad assembly if you want it.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM

I think I'm going to let it run it's course, the lcd screen that is. I only use it for music anyways and I can see everything fine, it's just annoying.

Once the LCD screen goes pitch black, I will get myself an LCD screen.

The buttons on my zen still work, it's just that there's a crack on the top and bottom of the buttons so they're basically split. It's hard to explain unless I take a picture. The buttons still work though. Thanks though, I'll keep you in mind if I ever need to replace that part.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Yeah, it was a few months before I bothered to replace my cracked LCD - wasn't completely unusable, just nearly so.

Oh, if you need the button/case piece you can check the links I found here. I just have the black touchpad, circuit board and screws from my mod and not the chassis piece. Good luck in any case.
Nokia Lumia 822 16GB+64GB

Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 PM

I can't use my Zen anymore, well I can, but I can't add music to it. (I use Xubuntu)

Anyways I decided to clean it up, that didn't work, then I tried formatting it, so that didn't work. So I lost all of my music on it. I think I'm just going to sell it after I buy a new screen. Would $100 be fair?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Hmm…used players on eBay with the "Buy-It-Now" option are currently ranging from $85-$145 at varying conditions; however, used players on auction (with bids and ending within ≈48hrs) don't seem to be breaking $40.

So caveat venditor, perhaps.
Nokia Lumia 822 16GB+64GB

Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM

I'm going to see if I can upload music to it on my sister's Windows 7 PC and see if it'll work that way. If so I'll keep it.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Default White lines on screen

Hi all,
I have a problem like this
with me ZVM.
It's an screen or software issue?
Thanks in advance
M

Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce1 View Post
Hi all,
I have a problem like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ku6lcNqYE with me ZVM.
It's an screen or software issue?
Thanks in advance
M
Screen is going bad.