android
Old 07-14-2013, 04:38 PM

Default Using Galaxy Player 4.0 (YP-G1) as a Phone

I thought some of you may be interested in knowing that Galaxy Player 4.0 can be used as a phone if you use it together with M***J**k and a wi-fi mobile hotspot like Internet on the Go. You can not only call out but also receive calls with this combination on the cheap. The cost for M***J**k plus is about $50 for the hardware, and you have to pay about $10 for annual fee. The Internet on the Go mobile hotspot is about $** for the hardware, and for 1.5 GB of data with the cost of $** with no expiration date. The M***J**k app is available at the Google Play shop for free (it's included in M***J**k annual fee).

Last edited by skip252; 07-16-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: changed the name of the sevice and pricing to make it less spammy, don't change it back

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-16-2013, 04:32 AM

or you can setup a FREE google voice number and then use the app Talkatone (also FREE) and all you need is the mobile hotspot, this is well known for over a year this could be done, there are whole threads on the subject using many different hotspots (as there is an abundance of choices there).

I won't blame you for not finding these as the search on this site sucks, but both wifi hotspots and VOIP phone apps have been extensively covered on here, aswell there are more threads on the subject over at xda.

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68153
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68013
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67872
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68266
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67374
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67992
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69380
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70653
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70746
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67078

Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM

I do have a number for Google voice, but I do not use it as my phone number because I thought that Google may stop phone service sometime, and I wanted to use my landline number.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

Note my edits to your original post and the reason. I've left enough of the name of your recommendation that someone interested can look it up if they are interested. The way I've changed it makes it less likely to bring it up in a search. Anyone who has a paid product can also pay for their own advertising.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Thanks skip252!

Maybe it's worth mentioning N**T**kDu* as an alternative to M****J**k for a similar price but I do not have experience of using it. And for this post also, please feel free to do editing because I am not sure how best to hide some characters of it.

Last edited by skip252; 07-16-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Like that

Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Welcome to ABi

Note my edits to your original post and the reason. I've left enough of the name of your recommendation that someone interested can look it up if they are interested. The way I've changed it makes it less likely to bring it up in a search. Anyone who has a paid product can also pay for their own advertising.
Honestly, I didn't find it "spammy" at all, to me it was simply someone stating what they got and what it cost to do it this way, **** it all out actually makes this whole thread useless as now noone can tell what services this person is using or an idea of the costs compared to other alternatives, I mean he didn't even include a link to ANY of these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
Thanks skip252!

Maybe it's worth mentioning N**T**kDu* as an alternative to M****J**k for a similar price but I do not have experience of using it. And for this post also, please feel free to do editing because I am not sure how best to hide some characters of it.
like here, what is N**T**kDu* I'm not familiar with a service with those letters so now another possible option is taken away from me.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Google "wifi voip". The name of the service you want to investigate is the 3rd result I get.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM

It looks that information above is not exactly correct. I received email a few days ago from M****J**k stating that I had to pay for continuation of service, and I paid about $10, and what I found is the new extension of service is only for 6 months. I presume that it is because I have a landline service and the Samsung Galaxy Player service for the same number. (or maybe some kind of mistake)

The other thing I want to mention is that according to promotional email I received from M****J**k, it will start to sell a new version of the hardware sometime soon - if you are thinking of buying the hardware you may want to wait till the new hardware came out. It says that the voice quality is much better.

I also want to add that it should work with Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 and 5.0 also. You must check if it is so at Android Play Store.

Last edited by nanashi; 07-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM

I found another voip service app for Android hardware that can be used by Samsung Galaxy Players called eP****. With this service, initially, you pay $20 one time fee and you get a phone number -- free calls within north America, and free of charge for calling in. Let me know if anybody has used this service.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:06 PM

I lost my SGP 4.0 and mobile hot spot. I have already ordered a SGP 5.0 as replacement. But, now, I am looking to see if there is any other hot spot device that is better than what I used to use.

I found two more mobile hot spot devices and services to go with. The first one is called F***d**P** and the second one is called K***a. For some reason, I do not like F***d**p**. They are too eager to sell their gadget and services for my taste. K***a on the other hand is very straightforward. They use 4G technology in stead of the 3G of my old hot spot. But, then, the service area is pretty small.

Do any of you use K***a? And, if so, how do you like it?

Old 08-03-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I lost my SGP 4.0 and mobile hot spot. I have already ordered a SGP 5.0 as replacement. But, now, I am looking to see if there is any other hot spot device that is better than what I used to use.

I found two more mobile hot spot devices and services to go with. The first one is called F***d**P** and the second one is called K***a. For some reason, I do not like F***d**p**. They are too eager to sell their gadget and services for my taste. K***a on the other hand is very straightforward. They use 4G technology in stead of the 3G of my old hot spot. But, then, the service area is pretty small.

Do any of you use K***a? And, if so, how do you like it?
I saw a commercial on TV the other day for a new "cell" service called Republic Wireless or something like that, you gotta pay like 200 for the phone but then it does EVERYTHING over VOIP via Wifi when your at home and uses Sprint 3G when your not around wifi and costs 19 a month, seems like a good alternative depending on sprints coverage in your area.

Also this editing crap just sucks because I honestly have not freaking clue what f***ing services you are referring to. with this much editing you might as well just close this thread and we can just PM on the subject matter.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
Also this editing crap just sucks because I honestly have not freaking clue what f***ing services you are referring to. with this much editing you might as well just close this thread and we can just PM on the subject matter.
I totally agree with this statement! This is the only forum I've been to that does this type of editing. They also deleted a post I made a while ago in the accessories thread about something useful being on sale. They didn't just edit the link, they deleted the thread totally.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:17 AM

If you google "cheap mobile hotspot" and "cheap mobile data plan," you will find those hotspot and plans I mentioned above.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
If you google "cheap mobile hotspot" and "cheap mobile data plan," you will find those hotspot and plans I mentioned above.
The point is I shouldn't have to go searching for this sh*t, I should be able to read it right here in the thread, after all thats what this thread is supposed to be about, whatever if the ABI mods want to shoot themselves in the foot so no one will ever use there page again then so be it. I'm done this thread is worthless if I have to go searching to find out what this thread is trying to talk about.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
The point is I shouldn't have to go searching for this sh*t, I should be able to read it right here in the thread, after all thats what this thread is supposed to be about, whatever if the ABI mods want to shoot themselves in the foot so no one will ever use there page again then so be it. I'm done this thread is worthless if I have to go searching to find out what this thread is trying to talk about.
I agree with you 100 percent.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Your first post in this read like an ad for the service you mentioned and repeated the name enough times to have your post come up second when I typed the name into a search. When that's happened in the past it was the opening by one of the new breed spammers that post enough not to get nailed as a spammer but is only interested in raising the hits on a commercial product.

Now that you've been here a while it should be OK to post the name of a service without censoring it. I'd avoid posting links to specific sources. If it's a freely available service the name will be sufficient for an interested person to find it.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:32 PM

I ended up with buying the same mobile hotspot and date support service I had before and a battery pack of 13000 mAh capacity, and off course a refurbished SGP 5.0. The reason for buying the battery pack is that the M****J**k app is an energy hog. But, now with this huge battery pack, I will not have to worry about not having enough juice. I know I am a sucker: I bought a new 2014 M****J**k. I have not received it yet, but its voice quality is supposed to be much better (for the landline, I suppose) than the old one. The sales dept of this company reminds me of Ginsu knife sales guy. But, hey, I cannot afford to pay for expensive commercial cell phone service, and having the quality phone service is important to me. By now, everybody on this board should know that I am not a spammer. Would be nice if Skip252 let me change the asterisks to English letters. What do you say Mr. Skip252.

Last edited by nanashi; 08-03-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Your first post in this read like an ad for the service you mentioned and repeated the name enough times to have your post come up second when I typed the name into a search. When that's happened in the past it was the opening by one of the new breed spammers that post enough not to get nailed as a spammer but is only interested in raising the hits on a commercial product.

Now that you've been here a while it should be OK to post the name of a service without censoring it. I'd avoid posting links to specific sources. If it's a freely available service the name will be sufficient for an interested person to find it.
This is your board. You are making the readers to suffer. How stupid! I thought it was a terrific idea when I found about this VoIP system I mentioned here, and I thought that there must be many people who cannot afford to have a cell phone, but need one. I really thought that people on this board are interested in knowing about it. I am a retired engineer who has to worry about expenses. Please feel free to erase this entire posts. And I just say "Sc**w y*u!" Its your loss! I will never come back to this board. Good bye!

Last edited by nanashi; 08-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 PM

*wipes away single tear*
Please don't go.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Up to you. I've given you as much as I can without giving the bad guys too much info as to what occurs behind the scenes to keep down spam. If that isn't enough to satisfy you do what you feel is best.

Thread closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, m****j**k, phone, wi-fi, yp-g1