Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2013, 05:24 AM

Dear Austin

Just wanted to say 'thank you' for your helpful advice re this quirky little device. I saw one in the window of a CEX store in Exeter (Devon, England) last weekend and decided to risk buying it, assuming one could download suitable software updates from Sony. Fat chance! The Sonic Stage 4.3 update will not load in fact none of the updates would work even though I revived an old XP laptop to do it.
I was going to take the VGF back to the store but then I thought 'one more try' and I found your really helpful posting - as you say, Sony's MP3 File Manager v2 works perfectly (on the XP machine, not Win 7). It's not exactly user friendly but I am now able to transfer the MP3s from my entire CD collection (now sold to save space) and you have enabled me to put this gadget to good use so I'm very grateful, thanks very much!
The only thing is, I don't have the remote control and the track pad thing is really fiddly; will try to get hold of one. As a matter of interest, did you find anything else that worked instead of Sonic Stage?
Amazing what effect you can have on someone's life thousands of miles away eh? This device was a dead duck, Sony no help at all, but you save the day!

Kind regards

Ian Smith
Exmouth, Devon, England.