Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

Originally Posted by stbi View Post
Since I use my R0 to listen to both music and podcasts, I'd like the player to automatically remember the last playback position of each file in the podcast folder (nevertheless if I stop playback or skip to the next track), and in the music folder, it should only remember the position in the recently played file - optimally for each subfolder (album). Is this possible using the bookmark feature?
Honestly I never use the bookmark feature. I can't tell you much more about it than the Rockbox manual. But I don't think it's possible to do what you want.

In the manual, I read that bookmarks are created automatically "on Stop"; however, the R0 doesn't seem to have a "Stop" button; playback can only be paused, but this doesn't seem to create a bookmark.
Long press on power button stops playback. Take some time to discover all R0 keymapping

Regarding the DRK feature of the firmware - that's OK if it's possible to save/restore the *.ini files manually (I didn't know that).
Well, now that you tried Rockbox, you will never come back to the original firmware so settings files are not that important

And as for 64 GB SD cards: That's really good that this works! IIRC, the free "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool" can do the job (formatting big cards in FAT32). Are there any recommendations for good cards? Recently I had bad luck with a 32 GB microSDHC card from SanDisk, so I'm a bit skeptic about this brand...
Sandisk is probably the most famous brand and does pretty good job. They are generally not so expensive and reliable. I guess you were just unlucky, it's worth giving it a 2nd try. Of course pay attention to the many fakes on the market. It's sometimes better to pay a few more € on than trying to get it as cheap as possible on ebay and in the end getting a fake card.
Transcend, Samsung and Kingston are also advisable brands for microSD cards.
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*

r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0