android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM

Default Has anyone had issues with the clip+ dieing during or after exercise?

I've been using the clip+ during my training in the last 5 months, and it has already died 3 times. Last 3 times I just left it overnight, then reset (keep power pressed for 30 seconds) and it came back to light.
This time it doesn't seem to work.

What's happening? I bought it less than 8 months ago, i'd very annoyed if I had to send it back.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Is the player getting shaken a lot while you exercise? I'm just wondering if something has worked itself loose. Or by any chance is the player getting wet, such as from sweat? (That could explain the player's working the next day--after the moisture has evaporated away.)

You also might try reapplying the firmware, in case a firmware corruption worked its way in. http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-C...18/td-p/280756

I definitely would keep my eye on it, along with the 1-year (in the U.S.; 2 years in the EU) warranty period--you might want to contact SanDisk for a player replacement before the period is up (and in the U.S., SanDisk even covers the postage both ways).

Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It might be a good idea to put the player in a small plastic bag if you plan to put it in a pocket while exercising and perspire greatly. A Clip+ or Clip Zip should work fine sealed in a plastic bag. it doesn't need ventilation. If I am going out and it might rain I carry a small ziplock plastic bag to put my watch and mp3 player in if it starts raining heavily.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:15 PM

I've had so many die from working out/sweating I've lost count.

The silicone cases found on eBay have helped reduce the frequency of dead Clip+ and Clip Zips.

I sure wish someone would release a player with the same form-factor as the clip with a unibody design. If they knocked the battery life up to 20-25 hours, I would pay $100 for it.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
It might be a good idea to put the player in a small plastic bag if you plan to put it in a pocket while exercising and perspire greatly. A Clip+ or Clip Zip should work fine sealed in a plastic bag. it doesn't need ventilation. If I am going out and it might rain I carry a small ziplock plastic bag to put my watch and mp3 player in if it starts raining heavily.
If I could have a pocket in the right place I wouldn't be needing a clip at all... The whole reason I bought this player with the clip was because I could clip it to my T-shirt's neck, which, when coupled with the Philips she9700, makes the perfect running combo.

Except for the fact that the players keep dieing, ofc...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As mentioned above, you might try the player with one of the inexpensive silicone cases. (Although, of course, sweat still could get in--e.g. dripping down the headphone cable.)

Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Perhaps you could try wrapping the player in Saran wrap so it could still be protected and you could still use the clip?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 AM

I have an idea: Stop exercising!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you could try wrapping the player in Saran wrap so it could still be protected and you could still use the clip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
I have an idea: Stop exercising!
Or wear it in a different, less sweat-prone area on your body than up around your neck.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
Or wear it in a different, less sweat-prone area on your body than up around your neck.
I guess that is why armbands are so popular.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Maybe someone should come up with a Clip condom.

But then, that's kinda what those silicone cases are.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I guess that is why armbands are so popular.
Good thought! But I've never liked the cable swinging with each movement (more so than with the Clip at one's waist, at least for me).