android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa View

Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.
Again, thanks for the reply!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-31-2013, 01:56 AM

Default Screen Issue

Is there anything besides a physically busted screen that could keep it from displaying anything throughout the unbricking process?

I got it recognized in manufacturer mode, got the drivers updated and the oneclick up to the point where it is waiting for the 'erasing' screen on the view, and the screen never shows when I hold the button.

After a few tries I just guessed at the timing and oneclick recognized the view and began the process (as opposed to it not when I do nothing). When I think it has had enough time to complete erasing, I try to continue the process, but the next step always fails, as I do not know 1. How long to wait for it to erase, and 2. how long to hold the home button after such (no sansa logo ever appears).

When it says the player will return to 'tango mode,' will the windows device manager reflect this in the driver list? because I've waited for a while and it still lists it as running viewtool under libusb. Also, once I reach this point the home, play, and bottom menu insignia are backlit in addition to the ring, not sure what this means, but I like to think it's a good sign.

if I could, I would like to know some approximate times I should be holding these buttons and waiting for erasing to see if I can do this whole process by braille, so to speak, just to get the thing running again to get the computer to recognize it normally, before I run around looking for a replacement screen.

I bought this thing today and the woman was unaware it was broken, she said it was working fine (screen and all) when she formatted it before selling it to me, and I doubt she was lying. It was the symptoms and her formatting it that led me to believe that this was the problem, and it seems to be, its just that I doubt the screen has broken in less than a week of non-use.

I've read a flash component behind the screen may come out of place due to physical abuse, but I don't think I would have gotten this far along if something were so seriously wrong.

Anyway, long story short I want to know if there's any timing available for these steps, any reason the screen would not be responding beyond being broken, any way to test if the screen is really broken, and if not, anybody who has a spare laying around they would like to sell.

At this point I'm too proud not to fix the damn thing; maybe I'm just a really bad judge of character and this lady screwed me. Also I have the code from 'oneclick' if anyone can tell me what it means

Old 06-16-2013, 12:17 PM

Tried FalconFour's program step by step, and that worked up to the point where the device was in 16mb mode and the firmware was copied over. Tried it 10 different ways, still same thing. Interestingly enough, when 16mb mode is running, if I overwrite all the stuff FalconFour's program copies over with the old original firmware (you can find that here---> http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/view.html) It seems to work.

Crazy to have the thing working again. It's been like 5 years or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4704.jpg (29.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 07-11-2013, 07:45 PM

Default help me with sansa c240

If these instructions do not serve to my sansac200 v1. I can not even start in "recovery mode". help

Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 PM

They most likely won't, since they're for a different player (View).