i just read what was being updated.....
What does this download do?
For owners of Walkman F series, we offer NWZ-F804/F805/F806 firmware update program to the latest version 1.11.
Please read carefully the following instructions.
Note: This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.11 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
This utility updates the Walkman® player to firmware version 1.11 and provides the following benefits:
Improvements provided by previous updates and included in version 1.11:
- Enhancement of Media players operation stability
- Other functional improvements
- The DLNA application is added.
- The Music player application is enhanced (for example, the playlist creation function is added).
- Sound effect functions are improved.
NWZ-F800Series (NWZ-F804/F805/F806) that have firmware version lower than 1.11.
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Tap the Menu button from the Home screen.
- Tap System settings, and About device.
Confirm the Model number and Build number.
Target PC environments
- Operating System
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3 or later)
(Not supported 64 bit version OS for Windows XP Professional.)
- Hardware requirements
- CPU: 1 GHz or more
- Memory: 1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)