android
Old 02-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Default Phonak to Stop Producing Audeo PFE

I blew a grey filter on my PFE 112 this morning and went to look for a replacement and got this message when visiting the the Phonak Audeo website.
Quote:
Closing of www.audeoworld.com webshop

Dear friends of Audéo PFE

Four years ago Phonak, as a manufacturer of hearing solutions, ventured into developing, producing and distributing the In-Ear Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones. With success, as the numerous awards and the positive press coverage about the excellent sound quality and wearing comfort prove.

However, the decision has recently been taken to terminate production and international distribution of Audéo PFE and to solely concentrate on the Phonak core business with our innovative hearing solutions.

Therefore, we sadly have to inform you that our webshop will be closed on 31 March 2013*.

For warranty and other information please continue to contact the Audéo PFE team at: operations.audeoworld@phonak.com.

Many thanks for your understanding.

The Audéo PFE team

* As long as stock lasts
I'm not sure which is more sad, that Phonak is discontinuing their earphones or that it makes me so upset. lol I guess if you have been waiting to try out the PFE now is the time to pick one up while they still sell them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM

Thanks to let us know... time to get some spare audio filters before their closing.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM

I'm thinking of getting a pair while they are still available--any opinions? I have Shure SE210's right now and have been sort of thinking of experimenting with some other models, though I'm not in a hurry. What would be comparable to the entry level Phonaks if I don't get some of these? I was impressed by the ABI review of a while back.

Also should I get the 012 or the 022? I like the idea of an inline mute switch but I want to be sure the earphone works with a normal mp3 player (i.e. not an iphone with a 4 pin connector).

Thanks.

Last edited by paulr; 03-23-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr View Post
I'm thinking of getting a pair while they are still available--any opinions? I have Shure SE210's right now and have been sort of thinking of experimenting with some other models, though I'm not in a hurry. What would be comparable to the entry level Phonaks if I don't get some of these? I was impressed by the ABI review of a while back.

Also should I get the 012 or the 022? I like the idea of an inline mute switch but I want to be sure the earphone works with a normal mp3 player (i.e. not an iphone with a 4 pin connector).

Thanks.
You can't go wrong with the PFEs for the price they sell at, though I'm not sure how they compare to the Shures.

If you're not using them with a phone, I'd recommend the 012.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
You can't go wrong with the PFEs for the price they sell at, though I'm not sure how they compare to the Shures.

If you're not using them with a phone, I'd recommend the 012.
Thanks. Hmm. I see on their description page that the 022 does claim to work with regular mp3 players. I mostly use earphones when listening at work, and I've wanted the shutoff button so that I can stop the music if someone wants to talk to me, without having to takes the earbuds out of my ears or fish the player out of my pocket to shut it off.

Any ideas about what the nearest comparable phones would be, if I don't get these? It's ok if they cost a little more.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Heh, looks like the site is operating is operating as if nothing had happened. You can order normally and it doesn't say anything about shutting down.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 AM

The factory is officially closing down, guess they produced the last batch and wandering around the market currently.
They will be missed =(, PFE series is still maintaining the best/comfort fit in my heart.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 PM

This is very sad news to hear. I absolutely LOVE my PFE's. I'm glad I got my filters when I did, seeing as in a couple days they will become harder and harder to find. I've had mine for around 3 years going on 4, and it'll be hard to move on once I absolutely have to.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 AM

Man that sucks and here I was hoping the prices for the 232s would drop to at least over 300 and now they decide to withdrew the PFE line. That ought to make the prices skyrocket even further. Just my luck...

Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Man 990 View Post
This is very sad news to hear. I absolutely LOVE my PFE's. I'm glad I got my filters when I did, seeing as in a couple days they will become harder and harder to find. I've had mine for around 3 years going on 4, and it'll be hard to move on once I absolutely have to.
I wanted to buy a new set of filters, but they only ship to the US. Did you get them off the Audeo World site?