Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM

I think of it as fairly easy after dealing with it for this long. It's a matter of deciding which mode works best for your purposes and making sure all your files get transferred in that mode. The more you use one or the other, the more you understand the capabilities and limitations of each.

I have one Clip I keep in MTP mode to experiment with that, the rest I manage in MTP. I've done that enough to know I prefer MSC but what each person uses pretty much depends on what makes it easiest for them. Drag and drop works with both modes, btw. It's what happens in how the files are presented to you that's different.

If you want to use software that requires a drive letter to work and folder browsing, go with MSC. If you don't use DRM protected files it's the way to go in my opinion.

MTP has it's merits. Playlists tend to be easier to make and keep synced and the database refresh is much shorter. Essentially the database is formed as the files transfer. The transfer may be somewhat slower especially if you transfer a large number of files at the same time. If you use software to sync playlists MTP would be my choice.