android
Old 11-19-2011, 07:52 AM

Default Battery Replacement

is there a way to replace battery?

there is no batteries on net for 5" galaxy player.

will samsung service replace it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Well, samsung should, within a year of purchase.
As far as do-it-your-selfing, if there are no batteries to buy, why take it apart to void your warranty?
Speaking of batteries, has anyone noticed the battery draining significantly when it is powered off? This is on the 4" and it only does it sometimes, but it will go from 100% to 50% in a single night, and that is powered off, not just on sleep!

Old 11-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
Well, samsung should, within a year of purchase.
As far as do-it-your-selfing, if there are no batteries to buy, why take it apart to void your warranty?
Speaking of batteries, has anyone noticed the battery draining significantly when it is powered off? This is on the 4" and it only does it sometimes, but it will go from 100% to 50% in a single night, and that is powered off, not just on sleep!
I leave my 4.0 on Airplane mode overnight, when I don't charge it or turn it off, and there's very little battery drain that way. Airplane mode seems to be the only way to really turn the antennas off.

The battery drain while the device is off is strange though, it shouldn't happen. I rarely turn it off though.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:05 PM

What about if I need a battery replacement for my 5.0 in, let's say, a year and a half after my purchase. Do I just have to call Samsung and sent them my unit ?

Old 11-20-2011, 03:30 PM

You can remove the battery. There are screws under the microSD slot and on the bottom under two circular stickers (the stickers can be removed with a fingernail or credit card, revealing the screws underneath). Someone on another forum said once the screws are removed, it just takes a little bit of leverage with a small screwdriver or credit card to pop the back cover off. He didn't specify what the battery model is, but once you get it out, then you will have access to the battery model. In any event, it's apparently not too difficult to get access to the battery and then put the cover back on and screw it back down again. I don't think I'll attempt it until I ever need a new battery.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:58 PM

well, the batteries discharge even without use of or outside the unit.
But not in such a short time.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM

On the other hand, rarely get into trouble of having to take the battery to return to work after a crash.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 AM

is battery replacement into warranty?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Thanks, that's good to know. I am going to buy the 5" one and was hoping the back would come off easily. I don't like the gloss white. Plan on painting it black with a "soft-feel" rubberized paint. Needs something to prevent slipping out of my hand.

If the battery can be replaced, I'm sure "someone" (on ebay) will make a replacement. Samsung bought them somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfaraway View Post
You can remove the battery. There are screws under the microSD slot and on the bottom under two circular stickers (the stickers can be removed with a fingernail or credit card, revealing the screws underneath). Someone on another forum said once the screws are removed, it just takes a little bit of leverage with a small screwdriver or credit card to pop the back cover off. He didn't specify what the battery model is, but once you get it out, then you will have access to the battery model. In any event, it's apparently not too difficult to get access to the battery and then put the cover back on and screw it back down again. I don't think I'll attempt it until I ever need a new battery.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM

They do sell silicone and rubberized skin type cases for the back that really help with the grip and don't add much bulk. EBay has quite a few that are really cheap, though most of them ship from China. I bought one for less than $4 and it only took about two weeks to get it. It has a grooved surface around the edges that make the device easy to hold and less prone to slippage. I'd be concerned that painting the device could void the warranty.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:44 PM

Do you know how to replace a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 battery?

Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyfaraway View Post
They do sell silicone and rubberized skin type cases for the back that really help with the grip and don't add much bulk. EBay has quite a few that are really cheap, though most of them ship from China. I bought one for less than $4 and it only took about two weeks to get it. It has a grooved surface around the edges that make the device easy to hold and less prone to slippage. I'd be concerned that painting the device could void the warranty.
I agree, that's what I have. It has worked really well.

Steve

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products...?model=YPG70CW

I purchased this but have not installed yet. Figured i would abuse the old one for a while first.