android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #141  
Old 10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Daniel644 Daniel644 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I think that's it, the .nomedia. Thanks!
yeah, you get spoiled using Poweramp since it has it's own scanner.

Edit: Also the Poweramp scanner is a better scanner because the stock scanner ignores mp3's with "broken" ID3 tags, which for me is 30+ tracks.
__________________
Galaxy S 4.0 Wifi (USA)
Running STeVEs custom Kernel
and Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA

Last edited by Daniel644; 10-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #142  
Old 10-23-2012, 07:47 AM
woer woer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
yeah, you get spoiled using Poweramp since it has it's own scanner.

Edit: Also the Poweramp scanner is a better scanner because the stock scanner ignores mp3's with "broken" ID3 tags, which for me is 30+ tracks.
Irrelevant to your point, but check out Mp3tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ . It will fill in all the tags with a couple clicks.
Reply With Quote

  #143  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 AM
dby2011 dby2011 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Default

I have had a SGP 3.6 for a while now. I picked up a 64gb memory card thinking it would be a perfect player for in the car and I could put all my music on it (11,000 mp3s). I hate to say it but I have not found any music player that I was completely happy with on Android. The default Samsung player is slow and very sluggish with that many mp3s. The best I have found was the Amazon MP3 app and a Music Player by Pixi. Both of those handled all the scrolling with no lag. The Amazon has the best sound compared to the Pixi player but the Amazon app will only play mp3s. I tried Player pro and it was sluggish. Poweramp is good, but I read too many issues in regards to lisencing. I hate to post this here but I ended up picking up a 64gb Ipod Touch 4g from the Apple store refurbished. I know iTunes is a pain in the butt but for music the Touch is smooth as glass, louder and is much easier to navigate- no lag whatsoever and all album art is loaded immediately. On top of that iOS6 added the ability to list only album artists, which is a great option for me. Poweramp is supposed to add that later in version 3.0 but no one knows when that will be released. I wish my experiance was better with the SGP and Android- the ablity to drag and drop music is great but the music players blow when it comes to handling a large collection.
Reply With Quote

  #144  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM
mikee mikee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 458
Default

I don't experience any lag what so ever on my Galaxy player 4.0 but I only have a 32 gb card. maybe the lag is due to the player only officially supporting up to 32gb cards. I use jetaudio abd cubed and the stock player and they all don't lag what so ever unless I have a internet browser or something running in the background.

I don't think I would buy another ipod unless they add a equalizer and more sound customization
Reply With Quote

  #145  
Old 10-24-2012, 07:50 AM
woer woer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
I have had a SGP 3.6 for a while now. I picked up a 64gb memory card thinking it would be a perfect player for in the car and I could put all my music on it (11,000 mp3s). I hate to say it but I have not found any music player that I was completely happy with on Android. The default Samsung player is slow and very sluggish with that many mp3s. The best I have found was the Amazon MP3 app and a Music Player by Pixi. Both of those handled all the scrolling with no lag. The Amazon has the best sound compared to the Pixi player but the Amazon app will only play mp3s. I tried Player pro and it was sluggish. Poweramp is good, but I read too many issues in regards to lisencing. I hate to post this here but I ended up picking up a 64gb Ipod Touch 4g from the Apple store refurbished. I know iTunes is a pain in the butt but for music the Touch is smooth as glass, louder and is much easier to navigate- no lag whatsoever and all album art is loaded immediately. On top of that iOS6 added the ability to list only album artists, which is a great option for me. Poweramp is supposed to add that later in version 3.0 but no one knows when that will be released. I wish my experiance was better with the SGP and Android- the ablity to drag and drop music is great but the music players blow when it comes to handling a large collection.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought the 4.0 because my GPS and mp3 player both died around the same time, and I figured one device to replace both would be ideal. A couple weeks ago I bought an ipod classic (my first Apple device) to replace it on music duty and have to say the quality is better (I use the same headphones I did with the SGP4, so that isn't a factor). Rather than use itunes, I have it sync with my Winamp library because I use that to play music on my computer anyway and have found I don't care that I can't drag/drop music. Actually it's easier than drag/drop because on my SGP I would have to make new folders--/music/artist/album--to keep everything organized, which isn't necessary syncing.

My SGP still gets used for music when I run because I use the GPS to track my time/distance, but it's mainly a dedicated GPS now. Also, from that I've noticed I get a little static when the GPS is on that isn't there when it's off. Does anyone else get that? I switched between Poweramp and PlayerPro to see if it was the program rather than the device, but it happens with both
Reply With Quote

  #146  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Alan2012 Alan2012 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKryptonite View Post
PowerAMP is great (although it'll mention something about the license when I go "out of range" with my Wifi). N7Player is good, but for some reason, it skips/buffers. At least the last time I used it, lol.
Can you not use PowerAMP without a wifi connection ?
Reply With Quote

  #147  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Daniel644 Daniel644 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan2012 View Post
Can you not use PowerAMP without a wifi connection ?

Poweramp works perfectly fine without WIFI, you will need a wifi connection to verify your license after you PURCHASE it and maybe again like a month down the road if it gives you a couldn't verify license error, but generally NO wifi is not required for just day to day use, it's only used to verify the license.
__________________
Galaxy S 4.0 Wifi (USA)
Running STeVEs custom Kernel
and Klin's Klassic 2.3.6 ROM for Galaxy Player 4.0 USA
Reply With Quote

  #148  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
steinburger1109's Avatar
steinburger1109 steinburger1109 is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Posts: 2,456
Default

I'd completely forgotten this thread. But having used JetAudio Basic (the free one, the paid version doesn't offer enough for me to want to buy it), I'm far happier with this than I was with PowerAMP, WinAMP, N7Player, or RockBox. Its enhancements and 10 band EQ work very well and I think for free, it can't be beaten. RockBox was also very good but a hassle to get set up and for some reason (I believe error on my part), it kept getting an error where it had to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Which was 90% of the aforementioned hassle.
__________________
- Justin
Glossary for Newbies Everybody
Babble. On.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.