android
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 AM

I have just ordered a white Cowon C2 16 gig and the silicone case
So next week I will leave my thoughts and compare it with my Smartphone SE Xperia Arc s.
I ordered the cowon cause I want long batterypower and the soundquality that will be compared next week.
I also like that it is small.

Last edited by gunnargb; 12-17-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm tempted to grab a 4gb for $100 off exportprive...

Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM

I have a C2 and if you can used to it's funky UI; it's a pretty nice unit. But, I find myself going back often to my arsenal of original Sansa Fuzes (Rockboxed of course) as my personal favorite players.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

C2 is now my favorite DAP I ever owned, i wrote a detailed custom UI review in the main mp3 player section.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM

I bought one off the back of BruceBanner's review - I have it working with a 64GB card and it is the best DAP I've owned also. The custom UI's available really make it though as the default UI is not that great (personal taste taken into consideration).

PS. Thanks for that review btw BruceBanner

Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yer welcome S1M0N

I too feel exactly the same, once custom UI is in place its pretty much best DAP I've ever owned.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM

I like it even with it's quirkly stock UI. It sounds amazing. I seriously can't believe I tolerated listening to iCrap stuff. Blinded by hype *hangs head*

Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM

It seriously does sound awesome paired with my Audeo PFE's. If only I wasn't afraid to screw everything up with with trying a customer UI...I'm such a wuss I guess.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavenfish View Post
It seriously does sound awesome paired with my Audeo PFE's. If only I wasn't afraid to screw everything up with with trying a customer UI...I'm such a wuss I guess.

I just got mine a couple of hours ago. I have been playing around with it ever since. I just came here to see if I could find some info that is in English about changing the UI - A bit nervous about the whole thing - but may give it a try anyway.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41295

worked for me.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 AM

Just picked up one of these and enjoying it so far. No problem with files on the SD card. However files I have loaded to the C2 itself don't show up in the C2 Music Folder, or anywhere else. I can see them when I connect it to my PC. I can even play them through the PC.
I saw a similar problem someone had with FLAC files but these are just MP3 format.
I like to think I am fairly familiar with the UI as I have owned an X7 for a while and the UI is very similar.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Three things;
1) have u updated database (under settings)?
2) Did u definitely place them in the music folder on the c2 and not elsewhere else?
3) I seem to recall something weird like this happening with a sansa player, something to do with MSC/MTP mode, that songs weren't showing up even tho they were on the player... Could it be that something like this has went wrong somehow?

Tbh i don't really know, i would delete and try again, a few files at a time to test. Take the sd card out also, see if it makes a difference.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Three things;
1) have u updated database (under settings)?
2) Did u definitely place them in the music folder on the c2 and not elsewhere else?
3) I seem to recall something weird like this happening with a sansa player, something to do with MSC/MTP mode, that songs weren't showing up even tho they were on the player... Could it be that something like this has went wrong somehow?

Tbh i don't really know, i would delete and try again, a few files at a time to test. Take the sd card out also, see if it makes a difference.
You got it in one. Update database. I assumed that when it says "updating database" after the USB is pulled it was updating the database but apparently not. I never had to do that with the X7.
Anyway, brilliant, thank you so much.
Who knows, maybe I'll even manage to get the album art to work on this one. If not at least I prefer the purple turnatable to the black and white piano.
Not that it bothers me too much I bought this for the sound which seems to be equally as good as the X7 and far better than any other player I own.
Thanks again.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I got rid of 70% of the UI and replaced with custom, my NPS has nice album art (non spinning) and browser menu is far improved.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Default Long time....

Wow, the last time I logged into this forum was on 10-17-2008!!

But good to see that the password has been the same. I joined this forum only cause I hated and still hate Apple products LOL.

Ended up here because of the lovely, long review of the C2 that pushed me to purchase a pre-owned C2 a few days back. And yes, am I glad that I bought it! It is totally worth it. And the sound quality is simply amazing. Makes my Sennheiser CX200 even sound good!

Catching up on some awesome hacks here. Great job guys!

To start off with a question. I have a 32 GB card and I have filled it up (leaving around 1 GB space) of music. But when I start the player, it is just loading up to the C2 image and underneath it says Ver 1.17 and "albumart" and doesn't go past that. I have even left it for hours. Or does it take longer the first time?

Old 01-14-2014, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Can't help you here, don't think it should take more than a few minutes at most. Sounds to me it might be stuck on a bad file etc.

If it was me, I would try splitting up the 32gb collection into say 4 parts (8gb a time). Format the card, copy the first 8gb across and then test. If ok proceed to next 8gb etc

When it gets stuck try and see which 8gb chunk it got stuck on, half that chunk (4gb) and try again etc, eventually u'll find the trouble file etc. Time consuming yes, but I can't really think of any other way...

PS: try these eq settings, i love 'em (tho i know plenty would hate it hahah)

EQ
7, 80, wide
-1, 220, normal
5, 1.4, narrow
6, 3, normal
7, 11.7, wide

BBE = 10
machbass = 8
3d surround = 2
mp enhance = on
stereo enhance = 3
reverb = off

Old 01-14-2014, 06:12 PM

You have a corrupted file. The same thing has happened to me with my J3. I ended up adding 3 or 4 artists at a time, disconnecting the player, booting up, adding 3 or 4 more, etc. until I could isolate the bad file(s). It was the Flaming Lips, I still remember because it was so traumatic (lol). In my case I had copied and pasted those particular files numerous times and iirc I was copying them from my Clip+ to my J3 so somewhere along the way I guess one (or more) of my files got corrupted. I later went back and copied those Flaming Lips tracks from my external hdd (the originals) and they worked fine. Hope that helps.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I wonder if there is software that can identify corrupted files to make this sorta thing more easier...

Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM

I don't know, but it would be nice.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Can't help you here, don't think it should take more than a few minutes at most. Sounds to me it might be stuck on a bad file etc.

PS: try these eq settings, i love 'em (tho i know plenty would hate it hahah)
Thanks, located the problem - though it really shouldn't have been one. And will try the eq settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
You have a corrupted file.
Thanks and the problem was with the album art. I noticed that some folders had more than 1 image file. Thinking this to be the problem, I removed all other images leaving only the 1 file and tried it again. But still, same problem - player stuck at "Albumart".

So I finally removed all image files from all folders and then tried. No problems and the player started off fine. Loaded up all the music and its great. Am noticing a little bit of a pain in using the touchscreen - being used to our smartphone touch screens but the sound quality more than makes up for this niggle.

EDIT - and thankfully, I have an SD card reader to transfer files. Because whenever I connect to the PC using the USB cable, it detects it as a Cowon C2 but with the dreaded yellow exclamation mark next to the device. When I remove it from the "Device Manager" in Control Panel and then "Add new hardware", it just says the MTP drivers are not installed and I am unable to install it from Windows update either. I have tried the other file transfer format on the player too - no luck. Are there MTP drivers for Windows 7 64 bit anywhere?

Last edited by naveenroy; 01-15-2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Added some more...

Tags
c2, d2