android
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 PM

Default In the market, again. Sigh. (MEE CC51s died)

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong category by mistake. Would mods please be kind so as to move this over to the Headphones section?

^^ Says it all. My Meelectronics CC51 just...died. It served me well for close to 2 years. I handled it extremely carefully, kept it in the pouch whenever I wasn't using it and yet. Meh.

I absolutely loved it though. I would've bought the same thing again if it had a stronger cable, which wasn't a concern for me when I bought it.

I'm not willing to put up that kind of a budget now (skeptical, considering that I used the CC51s really carefully, and still having it die on me), so I'm looking at something cheaper. Been hunting around, and I found these - JVC Riptidz HAFX8B. Very cheap and supposedly seems to be a good performer.

There seems to be a ton of look-a-like models though, all from JVC- mostly around the same price as well.

Any idea how this one performs? Or any alternatives in that price range?

Thanks!

Last edited by Agent_milo; 03-13-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Riptidz is good for the price, however I suggest that you spend a bit more and get the JVC HA-FX40 or Panasonic RP-HJE355. These are under $20.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM

I checked out out both of your suggestions- the HJE355 is half the price of the FX40. Are they considered to be competing in the same zone?

EDIT: Ok, so I did some minor research on the HJE355s (since its more affordable here in India) and I think I'm going to settle on it. Unless I bump upon something else.

Last edited by Agent_milo; 03-14-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM

JK98, Have you had an opportunity to try out the Mee CC51s? Or something in that range? How bad a dip in SQ would it be getting the Pana HJE355s, coming from a CC51?

Cause I can get another CC51 for exact double of the cash I'd have to spend on a HJE355. A little more than double.

Just sad I'd have to miss out on all that awesomeness the CC51s served me for the last 2 years

Old 03-21-2013, 04:05 AM

I found this one - Soundmagic PL21. Does anyhow know how it compares to the Panasonic HJE355s? The PL21 is a wee bit cheaper than the Soundmagic earphones.

Can't find any decent in-depth reviews of the HJE355.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I bought the Meelectronics CW31. Imo it is okay, but not great. Joker on head-fi seems to love the CW31. I like the Panasonic RPHJE355, JVC HAFX40, and Panasonic RPHJE450 better than the CW31. The CW31 is okay, however it just doesn't excite me.

That is the only Meelectronics earphone I have tried. I bough the JVC HAFXC80 and from my experience with that, I don't wan't to try any more microdriver IEMs. In theory they should be great, however I found it very uncomfortable and it didn't sound natural. Some are thrilled with the Yamaha EPH100 microdriver IEM. It is also expensive at around $150.