android
Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appick View Post
I saw on the rockbox themes page that there is a 1.10 version. Is this a mistake because it doesn't work? I went back to the 1.01 and that works fine.

Also I suspect that not many people are voting for this excellent theme - SO DO SO ...
Yes there is a new version! Uhm try to redownload it, maybe there has been something wrong while copying the stuff?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Samsung Moderator

No, there is no new version

v1.01 is the latest version for R0/Fuze+/Gigabeat
v1.10 is the latest version for Sansa Clip Zip.

Both themes have the same name but are in 2 different categories, I don't understand how you could have mistaken them

And yes please vote for my theme

Last edited by lebellium; 02-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
No, there is no new version
Ah now I understand, I was confused by the battery fix you did some time ago :=)

Old 02-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Lebellium, I've just seen that your theme isn't in the "Themes for Samsung YP-R0" section on rockbox!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yep this is a known issue with the theme website. Only 8 themes are showing up in the R0 category.
I don't know when the RB guys fix that issue so meanwhile we have to download themes from the Fuze+ or Gigabeat sections

Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Finally, the bug with only 8 themes showing for YP-R0 on themes.rockbox.org has gone. Now all the themes are available!
Thanks to Frank Gevaerts!
Still waiting for the radio patch.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Samsung Moderator

Here is the v1.50 beta 2 of my theme

https://rapidshare.com/files/3809224300/leb...ike_v1.50b2.zip

It finally looks like I always wanted it to look like, that means that the UI (menu) viewport displays full screen when the mini-player is OFF.
To get this result I had to rework the code and include the latest skin engine improvements, especially the new layering possibilities (draw on backdrop layer). That means a recent build (29 feb or more recent) is required for this theme.

I noticed only one issue: if you are in the menus when the player skips to the next track, the UI viewport disappears for an unknown reason until you press any key (then it reappears).
After talking about that with the RB experts, it seems that may be an internal bug, not a coding mistake from me.

If you notice any other issue, please tell me

Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Samsung Moderator

Version 1.50 beta 3 fixing the issue with mini-player in FM radio mode:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2666122...ke_v1.50b3.zip

I wait for your feedbacks

Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Version 1.50 beta 3 fixing the issue with mini-player in FM radio mode:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2666122...ke_v1.50b3.zip

I wait for your feedbacks
I'm a bit confused. I tried this theme but after selecting a track and it switched to the "Now playing screen" the screen went white with two horizontal bars pulsing in time to the music (ie no album art etc). It only lasted a couple of seconds though as it then crashed and Rockbox refused to start again.

I reloaded a clean version of Rockbox and am now using the default theme but would certainly prefer the "Samsung Like" theme.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Samsung Moderator

This theme requires a recent RB build (better using the latest build available on the RB website or the latest Lorenzo build with FM radio)

Sometimes it occurs the WPS fails to load when loading my theme. Then just turn off the device and turn it on again and it won't occur again until you load another theme and reload mine

Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 PM

I've replaced the Lorenzo build with FM radio (which kept crashing and refusing to restart) with the build from the RB website and loaded your "Samsung Like" theme again and this time it's fine.

It hasn't made the "crack" noise on first playing a track yet but I haven't had the chance to test it much yet and the noise did always come and go before.

Once again many thanks for all the help and the excellent theme which is so much better than ALL the others on the RB site.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Samsung Moderator

To celebrate the 500th download of my theme on the rockbox website, I just uploaded the new version 1.50
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1563

Download link and changelog in the 1st post of this thread as usual.

I'm waiting for your feedbacks!

PS:
-A quite recent Rockbox build is required for this theme
-If the WPS doesn't load properly, just turn off the player and turn it on again.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I'm waiting for your feedbacks!
Downloaded and working fine, looks great. Thanks again.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 PM

What a lovely theme. The only thing I currently miss is a customizable backdrop/background image in the menus. I managed to change it by directly altering the bitmaps, but simply using the selected backdrop of rockbox as background would make it more comfortable.

However, keep up the good work.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Samsung Moderator

Thanks

Actually the v1.50 doesn't use the usual backdrop anymore. Now the backdrop is a normal pic used as backdrop. Was the only solution to include the latest skin engine improvements and thus to display the menu fullscreen when the mini-player is OFF.
If you want a normal backdrop to change it easilier (or "more easily"? ) in the theme settings, you have to revert back to the older version 1.01.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Samsung Moderator

Following the introduction of the RDS feature on the R0, here is a new v1.60 beta2 of my theme to download in attachment

Changelog:
-FM radio: New signal strength icons
-While Playing Screen: Display first and second directory from end of file path if no artist and album id3tags
-Add numeric battery indicator which displays in Stop, Pause and FM mode. In Play mode the playlist position displays instead.

Important: This version 1.60 beta2 is necessary for the new RDS feature. Your current v1.50 supports RDS but due to a bug in Rockbox (see the bug report), it will crash after a few seconds or minutes displaying RDS text. In this v1.60 beta2 I disabled the scrolling for RDS text to avoid the R0 crashing. Of course this is not a satisfying solution as the RDS text should scroll! When this bug is fixed by the Rockbox developers I will release the final v1.60 with hopefully scrolling RDS text.

Please try this v1.60 beta and give me your feedback about the new improvements
Attached Files
File Type: zip lebellium_Samsung-like_240x320_v1.60BETA2.zip (643.3 KB, 23 views)

Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Samsung Moderator

As RDS issues are not likely to be fixed any time soon (no RB developer is working on that actively as of today), I finally decided to upload the final v1.60 of my theme. I disabled RDS text scrolling in this version. That can be re-enabled though, following the instructions in the "How to enable scrolling for RDS text.txt" file.

When this bug making the R0 crash (ever) gets fixed, I will upload a new version re-enabling scrolling for RDS text by default.

You can download the final v1.60 here http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1722 and you can find the changelog in the 1st post of this thread as usual.

Warning: I renamed the theme files from "lebellium Samsung-like" to "lebellium_Samsung-like" so if you were already using a previous version of this theme (1.50, 1.60 beta2 etc) you should first delete it manually from your device as it won't be replaced by the new v1.60.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Samsung Moderator

Okay guys, here is a new version 1.65 of my theme

It appears that due to some magic, the RDS text scrolling no longer makes the R0 crash with the latest builds so I could re-enable scrolling by defaut hehe.

Version 1.65 - March, 14th 2013
- Enable the graphical volume bar in the menus for targets with dedicated volume buttons (Fuze+ for example)
- Mini-player: Display first and second directory from end of file path if no artist and album id3tags
- Add recording icon
- FM radio: Re-enable RDS text scrolling
- Code cleanup

You can download it here http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1787 or in the 1st post of this thread as usual.

If you experience any issue, please let me know!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Great news that text scrolling is working again. I've just installed it by simply overwrite all files but my text in rds isn't scrolling. I believe I should have deleted all theme files first

EDIT:

In theme menu has showed two Samsung-like, I chose second and scrolling is working again. great job Lebellium

Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Samsung Moderator

New version 1.67 to fix the battery indicator & FM signal strength code (thanks to Martus0 for pointing it out)

You can download it here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1806

More info about the issue fixed:
I always thought conditional tags divide from 1 to N into N equal parts. Example: %?tag<1|2|...|N>.

But actually it only divides in N-1 equal parts. N is reserved for full state. Example: %?tag<1|2|...|N-1|N> with N-1=99,99% and N=100%

So I just duplicated the picture (battery & FM signal strength) displayed for N-1 and N. Easy trick^^

Last edited by lebellium; 03-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Tags
lebellium, r0, rockbox, samsung, samsung-like, theme, yp-r0