android
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM

Default loading songs into defferent genre

Hi. This is the FIRST time I have ever been on a forum so am feeling vulnerable. I have an 8GB sansa clip mp3 player. I have added around 1000 pop and rock songs to the "hard Drive" and after purchasing a micro sd card I added around 1000 jazz titles to that. My problem is that without the sd card the player plays random selection great but if I choose the 'recently added' ie the sd card the tracks are played in sequence and after switching off and start again it plays in the same sequence from track one again. I will have to listen for days to hear all of the jazz tracks. What i want to do is delete everything and add pop and rock to a pop genre and jazz to a jazz genre and then hopefully it will play both genres in random mode when that genre is chosen. Problem is I dont know how to load tracks into different genres. PLEASE help someone.
Stuart

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartsmith View Post
What i want to do is delete everything and add pop and rock to a pop genre and jazz to a jazz genre and then hopefully it will play both genres in random mode when that genre is chosen. Problem is I dont know how to load tracks into different genres.
No need to delete anything. Just edit the Genre field of the ID3 tags with the free program, MP3Tag.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hi. This is the FIRST time I have ever been on a forum so am feeling vulnerable. I have an 8GB sansa clip mp3 player. I have added around 1000 pop and rock songs to the "hard Drive" and after purchasing a micro sd card I added around 1000 jazz titles to that. My problem is that without the sd card the player plays random selection great but if I choose the 'recently added' ie the sd card the tracks are played in sequence and after switching off and start again it plays in the same sequence from track one again. I will have to listen for days to hear all of the jazz tracks. What i want to do is delete everything and add pop and rock to a pop genre and jazz to a jazz genre and then hopefully it will play both genres in random mode when that genre is chosen. Problem is I dont know how to load tracks into different genres. PLEASE help someone.
Stuart
I think the simplest solution to your problem is "folder mode". In the Music section, select Folders. Then "external uSD Card". Then Play All. If the player was shuffling before adding the micoSD card, then it should shuffle the contents of the card. Regardless go to Settings, Music Options, and make sure that Shuffle is On. I keep Repeat set to All.

BTW, you have either a Clip Zip or a Clip+. For some questions, differentiating between the two will be important. I developed my answers using a Clip+. Should be very similar if you have a Zip.

To further explain Tapeworm's answer, each song has certain info stored within the file. These are called Tags. One is the Genre. MP3Tag is an excellent choice for maintaining these tags.

Steve

Old 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Smile Great suggestion for my problem.

Hi Steve
Your suggestion that I try 'folder mode'-external disk etc works a treat. Thank you very much. I was on the verge of buying another player and having the new one for jazz. Great site this, so many helpful people.#Stuart

Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Steve
Your suggestion that I try 'folder mode'-external disk etc works a treat. Thank you very much. I was on the verge of buying another player and having the new one for jazz. Great site this, so many helpful people.#Stuart
Stuart: Glad it worked for you. I have a player with 'regular' songs on the internal memory, and quiet 'bedtime' songs on the SD card. That's why I knew it would work.

BTW, never hurts to have more than one player (battery, breakage, loss, etc). We have two original Clips (one for my wife, one for our car). Plus I have a Clip+ and a Clip Zip. Then there are another three non-Clip players that get used a bit.

Plus I might buy another Clip (+ or Zip), if I can get a decent deal while I'm on holiday in the US.

Steve