android
Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEET View Post
I have here 2 Sansa Clips+ due to an issue with the earbuds.
One goes back.

But i noticed that the firmware versions are different?

One is V.01.02.15P and the other one is V.01.02.15A

Which one is the more recent one?

Also, tried it with both, no way to record FM-tune due to the signal getting weaker and there is always the background noise "tick tick tick tick".

I hope Sansa will fix this....
I own two 4gb clip+ (one with broken clip)
They came with xxx.15A and xxx16P , the older had better fm signal but BOTH HAD clicks when fmrec
There's two options:
A) Getting the new clip zip (radio is a good as the fuze and recs with no clicks but, in 24khz sampling frecuency .wav pcm codec)
B) Rockbox the clip+ and on recording sets put "-3db gain" , then clicks dissapear , the bad point is that the signal gets noisy (hiss noise) usually some min later .To avoid crossing fingers use the fuze and the zip for fm rec (and some of my iriver,LG and cowon daps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Hmm, that sounds like some hardware changed in newer Clip+ models?
My older blue 4gb clip+ gets FM less noisy than the newer 4gb blue ,
(although in rockbox.org is said that the different FM chip came with the zip)but i dont
feel any change in audio DAC nor headphone's amp , after "sennhereising " same files at same vol again and again ,nor battery life*
Both tested with OFficial firm and rockbox (thanks,dual boot)
*less tested
: fuze v2, clip+, clipzip,LG: mffm15, mffm33, Treckstor ibeatcenso and my car's one!

Last edited by skip252; 11-22-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: posts merged please edit the original instead of multi posting.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

First post updated....for anyone that uses the Sansa firmware.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Hmmm...iirc the last time they said no new enhancements they fixed the pitch bug and added Replaygain to the V1 Clip. Wonder what's hiding in there? Maybe I'll check it out if I get really bored someday.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I looked at it, all of the libraries are the same size except the USB driver, which is a little bit bigger and has a few changes in it. No idea what they do (if anything). The mp3 decoder is the same size but has a few lines of code swapped out for slightly different versions, I guess for the fixed CRC check logic.

Unfortunately, they relinked everything, so most of the libraries have different calling addresses, which means I can't just diff everything and look for differences, so I guess there could be more tweaks in there too. But the few I looked at didn't have anything interesting.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM

hi Marvin

i just got my Sansa Clip+, tried to rockbox it, but it gots firmware 01.02.17a
Any date when there is going to be a release for this firmware?

Thanks

Old 08-31-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post
... i just got my Sansa Clip+, tried to rockbox it, but it gots firmware 01.02.17a
Any date when there is going to be a release for this firmware?
The firmware version running on your clip does not preclude you from rockboxing the player. That said, I've not seen a down load for 17a so if you do rockbox it you'll lose that version. But IMHO who cares unless you run the OF and you like something on 17a. You can read the installation instructions here to see what I mean.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
The firmware version running on your clip does not preclude you from rockboxing the player. That said, I've not seen a down load for 17a so if you do rockbox it you'll lose that version. But IMHO who cares unless you run the OF and you like something on 17a. You can read the installation instructions here to see what I mean.
You can uninstall Rockbox and flash the Sandisk fw over it.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 PM

I've installed clipplus01.02.18.zip firmware but the SanDisk Clip+ is still not able do read NTFS formatted Micro SDHC. Any workaround? It might sound like a useless feature but sometimes I'd like to use my 32GB card to copy large files over 4GB (mostly movies).

Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshhh View Post
I've installed clipplus01.02.18.zip firmware but the SanDisk Clip+ is still not able do read NTFS formatted Micro SDHC. Any workaround?
It will only read FAT32. If you want to use a card to transfer larger than 4GB files, I suggest you get another card just for that purpose and re-format it as NTFS.