Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 AM

New problem here. I have ES File Explorer on Android and want to access a Windows File Share (XPSP3 Home). I added file security in safe mode (home hides file security). However, if I use the user login and password in ESFX it says "Can not find server". I tried "black/username" and also "username" (black is the computer name) for user.

But - If I check Anonymous, it will "log in". Except for the one I locked to only two users. That folder will kick me out with an error "No permissions". Better stated "Anon users can't view this". Anyhow, how can ES File Explorer use passwords associated with a Windows User? I even created a new user for this express purpose. FTP is way too clunky and SLOW for random access file sharing as I require. So far the SMB such as ES file uses works great (without passwords) but I see no good in sharing without passwords. Many people seem to have posted and are not sure how the passwords in Windows and ESFX relate and likewise me. Let me know. Baby crying so I gotta run.