android
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Clip Zip battery charging and indicator

I can't seem to tell when it is charging or fully charged. I also can't seem to make sense of the battery indicator. The Clip+ has a much more sensible indication of these.

PS. I just raised the screen brightness greatly. Now I can see the battery indicator. It really sucks that this isn't discernable with the screen on a dim setting. I think I may need to Rockbox this thing.

Last edited by JK98; 02-18-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2013, 11:22 AM

You can always go under Settings > System Settings > Info and see the % of charge. I personally don't think the display on the Zip is really an improvement.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot Ness View Post
You can always go under Settings > System Settings > Info and see the % of charge. I personally don't think the display on the Zip is really an improvement.
It's not; it's a huge step backward. Of course, some (of all) of that has to do with the lousy low-res screen SanDisk put in them.

The only reliable way to monitor the battery level in the OF is to do what you say by digging down into the Info screen, but that's a PITA and shouldn't be necessary.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
It's not; it's a huge step backward. Of course, some (of all) of that has to do with the lousy low-res screen SanDisk put in them.

The only reliable way to monitor the battery level in the OF is to do what you say by digging down into the Info screen, but that's a PITA and shouldn't be necessary.
This is why we Rockbox.....