android
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM

Default Looking for Source for Headset Jack for Sony E575

Hello anyone

First, as I think it's here like in any other forums, quick presentation :

Valentin, 18 YO, French, high school pupil, interested in aviation.

Ok, I bought 5 months ago the great E-575 Walkman, with also great Senheizer MX980 earphones. All worked great until this week, where the jack seems to show some fatigue ( while the set is very well maintained and always secured in it's little bag while not in service ). You know, when you have to find the good position with the jack to ear on both earphones.. So I unbuilt the E-575 and removed the little female 3.5 Jack unit.

Now, I would like to know where I could buy a couple of new of these ? So I could swap them when it's dead.

Thanks !

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi:

I've changed your thread title to something I believe represents what you're looking for. "Female Jack" wasn't searchable and wouldn't help the next person looking for help finding this part.

I can't remember anyone posting a source for Sony repair parts. Most makers don't sell parts and most use parts that aren't usually available to consumers. There may be 3rd party parts that would work but identifying what's there now would be the first step in finding those.

If I'm reading what you say correctly you've had yours apart for repairs. If you could post high quality photos of what part you're looking to replace it may help someone identify the part and help find a source.

High quality in any photo is really a necessity. Fuzzy pics from a phone or some such aren't usually enough for anyone to identify the parts needed.

Last edited by skip252; 02-16-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: corrected availability for consumers, had "are", meant are "NOT"

Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Hey thanks dude for your quick answer as well as renaming the thread.

Ok, I was about to upload some pictures, but as there aren't any serial number or brand or anything, and as the shape isn't common, I didn't think it was needed.

It's a plastic unit connected to the main board by some flat wires, dunno how it's called.

Enjoy :

Last edited by Hueyman; 02-06-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM

So, no ideas for part reference, or eventual suppliers ? I think you can guess life without music isn't really life anymore ;-) Especially when you spend 1h and a half a day in collective transports...

When I got Sony support on phone, they obviously didn't knew a single litle thing about their Walkman components... And I would not have luck enough to be in touch with Malaysian manufacturer of those units to know how can I order them...

Old 02-16-2013, 01:24 PM

Ok, so no one can help me.

I'll send that particular part to sony and ask them for several new in returns, hope it will works.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Administrator

I wouldn't just send a part to Sony. Essentially all you could potentially be doing is paying shipping to throw it away. Unless they authorize the transaction they would be under no obligation to send it back to you or provide a replacement.

I just looked at and corrected a typo on my part in my first post in this thread that's probably causing a misunderstanding on your part. I had said that makers use parts that ARE available to consumers. I've corrected that to read that the parts used ARE NOT usually stock items that anyone can get easily.

Sorry for any inconvenience my mistake may have caused.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Ok ok, but what should I do ? I can re-mount this on the Walkman but I'll have same issues.. and I won't buy a new one for sure. I know this part will be difficult to find, just searching a way to start researchs...

I know I can't be directly in touch with guys ( or machines ?) who makes these up there in Malaysia, but there is obviously a way... that is just a female 3.5mm stereo jack with a strange " fiche " at the other end..

Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Administrator

There may or may not be a source. It's entirely possible Sony contracted to have the parts for their player to made just for them. Also there's very few people who ever try repairing small electronics in the way you're doing so there wouldn't be any profit motive for anyone to make them as a aftermarket part.

To the best of my knowledge no one has found a source for the headset jack of one of the most common DAPs available in the US, the Sansa Clip. The only Clips I've seen repaired this way were done with parts salvaged from other Clips that were broken.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Hello everyone, found those new jack, ordered 5 of them !!!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueyman View Post
Hello everyone, found those new jack, ordered 5 of them !!!
Hi,

I've got the same problem. Can you share your source or the order details so I can try to find some spares by myself?

TIA,
Guenther