android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Player Series

Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

Default Just got a SGP 5.0" non-rooted/2.3.5, Help/Info on using OTG Cable and HDD?

Hey guys,

I've got a couple questions about the SGP 5.0" and using external storage disks. Anyways, I was thinking about re-ripping all of my CD's (because I wanna rock like it's 1996) to FLAC or something else lossless. My plan was to get a small portable 2.5" HDD to store and play music from, since my 32gb microSD would be filled in about 15 minutes.

I want to know if anyone has tried using an On-The-Go (OTG) adapter cable, (like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Mi...pr_product_top), and an external HDD or SDD like a passport drive, etc.

I read that the device may need to be rooted, or I needed an OTG driver/app. I couldn't really find any clear answers on the subject.

Again, to summarize, I want to use an OTG adapter cable to connect my SGP 5.0" to an external HDD (500gb+) so that I can listen to lossless audio files using the winamp pro or similar app.

Any help/info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

FrankieJKingpin

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 PM

I don't think these players support OTG at all. Only thing I could find on the subject was that you needed to modify the kernel, but I can't find anywhere where some one has done it, even then the 2.5" harddrives require to much power to be run via OTG, OTG is more for flash drives.

Tags
audio quality, external hdd, otg, sgp 5.0, winamp