android
Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Help free mp3 music??

Is it posible to get free mp3 music?? I am thinking about classical music not pop music.

I do like some of the new electronic chill music, but I do not know any names.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 PM

http://www.jamendo.com/en/
^Enjoy, everything there is free and legal

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Amazon.com also gives away tracks & albums for free as well,...

Old 02-08-2013, 01:40 PM

I joined sfcv.org and I can't figure out how to move the mp3 file to my sansa fuze player. Or an SD card.

I can't even sign upon the jemndo site.

Last edited by jawnn; 02-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://www.ektoplazm.com/

Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawnn View Post
I joined sfcv.org and I can't figure out how to move the mp3 file to my sansa fuze player. Or an SD card.

I can't even sign upon the jemndo site.
Moving the files to either the Fuze or the card should be a matter of just dragging and dropping them into a folder on the player. If that's not working describe what you're trying and someone should be able to help.

Jamendo can be incredibly obtuse when it comes to search but I don't have many problems with it anymore. I make sure I have Flash and Javascript enabled and I can move around without many problems.

Another great source for free, legal music is the Internet Archive. I've found several things there that were no longer on the Jamendo servers. Great resource for a lot more than just audio.

You could also check BandCamp and SoundCloud. I'm not sure how much classical they'll have there as I've never searched for that genre at either of those sites.

I know the OP is looking for classical music but the link Marv posted to Ektoplazm is not to be missed if you like any of these genres.
Quote:
Full-On Darkpsy Progressive Downtempo Goa Twilight Morning Psycore Techno Techtrance Forest Zenonesque Experimental Deep Trance Psy Dub Glitch Suomi Ambient Minimal Classic
It's not just the hundreds of tracks that are on the site, it's also where it links you to. I've found netlabels, musicians, producers, don't know how many other links to free, mostly decent quality music. If you like any of those genres the only way to go wrong is to not click on that link.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Question

well I tryed the sfcv and dragged the name of a file to the box that is for down loading, nothing happened. name would not stay there. could be old browser?

then I tryed Ektoplazm and got a different file box with inadequate instruction. Looks like I need a tech to show me what to do.

I can not change the browser because its is a library computer.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Administrator

How to download files at a library would be something probably you'll need to talk to the people that run the library about. I've never done that before. To save files to my machine I usually click the download link then use the "save as" context menu to save it to my hard drive. Once the file is there is when I transfer it to a player.

If it's working a different way at your library it may be for any number of reasons. Some places don't allow downloads, just surfing. I'd check in with the people that run the library and see if what you want is possible. If it is you may need to set the Fuze to MSC mode so it's seen as a drive letter. My browser doesn't see a DAP as a download location if it's set to MTP.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Question

Ok I got some one to show me how and am loading my sd card full of techno music.....

But I really want some Tiki music. Has any one listened to the 'Retro cocktail hour'

It was simple once I found out how to load the files. but just finding what I need is a pain....and some of the file will not load.