1) Install Winamp.
2) Ensure winamp does NOT add anything to its media library, i.e no music files on yer pc etc.
3) connect C2 to computer.
4) if winamp detects C2 and wants to use it etc, just say no and close that window down.
5) now add media to the library in winamp, BUT ensure you point the library to the music on yer C2 or microsdcard, not from the main music on yer pc.
6) now essentially u have winamp acting as a playlist maker for yer music on yer C2
7) Create playlists in winamp, then save those playlists to the ROOT folder of whereever that music is stored. Here's an indepth explanation of what i did;
a) my music is stored on the microsdcard of my C2 and not on the actual C2 itself.
b) Winamp media library is pointing to THAT location and no other.
c) Once winamp has added those songs to its library i loaded songs into the playlist.
d) i then saved the playlist (.m3u i think) and placed that .m3u list onto the main root folder of the microsdcard.
e) disconnect the player from pc, shut winamp down etc.
f) then when u boot yer c2 up and navigate to playlist folder i saw that the c2 had found the playlist file on the root of the microsdcard (EVEN THO THIS FOLDER EXISTS ON THE MAIN C2 PLAYER IN EXPLORER WINDOWS I DID NOT PLACE IT INSIDE THEIR).
g) play the playlist file on c2 and it was successful.
So i think the playlist folder is a little confusing because i never placed playlist files inside it, but when accessing it on the c2 it finds m3u files on the system whereever they are.
Suffice to say I got playlists working within 10mins of trying on the c2...
No editing of playlists or nuthing, just intelligent trial and error of dumping the playlist file in the right location etc.
PS Don't make me upload a video of me swinging my c2 around my head via its usb cable...
SOURCE: Xclef (gone) | Cowon X5(gone) | Cowon D2 (dead) | Sansaclip+ RB | Sansa ClipZip RB | Cowon i9+ (32gb) | Cowon C2 (4gb)
HPs: Soundmagic E10's | Hippo VB's | UE 600's | Superlux HD 668B | Superlux HD660 | Sony XBA3 | Sony XBA2VP
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.