android
Old 01-27-2013, 05:43 PM

Default Urgent answer needed, Sansa Clip+ or Creative Zen V plus?

I'll keep this short, I'm waiting for my new player to turn up, but its gonna take a few weeks.

In the meantime I need a stopgap, premarily for audiobooks but some music aswell. I previous had a Creative Zen V (2gb) about 6 years ago and loved it until it broke.

The 4gb model is on ebay, with an auction ending in 15 minutes. I can get a 4gb Sansa Clip+ for the same price.

I need as big a battery as possible, and the ability to bookmark audiobooks (or better yet, have them resume where I left off if I shut the player down).

Which should I go for?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Administrator

When was the last time the Creative Zen V was manufactured? Lithium batteries age and lose the ability to hold a charge properly. If the battery isn't replaceable you probably won't have this one for long.

Just on the age of the battery I'd go for the Clip+. It's bookmaking function is very good. Anything placed in the Podcast and Audiobook folders resume with no need for manual bookmarking.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
When was the last time the Creative Zen V was manufactured? Lithium batteries age and lose the ability to hold a charge properly. If the battery isn't replaceable you probably won't have this one for long.

Just on the age of the battery I'd go for the Clip+. It's bookmaking function is very good. Anything placed in the Podcast and Audiobook folders resume with no need for manual bookmarking.
Yeah thats a good point, my old Zen died due to the battery not holding a charge.

Stupid question, but I can get a Sansa Clip + (4gb) and Sansa Clip Zip (4gb) for the same price. Is the zip the one to go with?

Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

They're basically the same player, but the Zip has a crappy color screen while the + has a pretty good monochrome screen. Depends which you think you'd prefer.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:09 PM

The zip has a bigger screen with color. I also found it easier to navigate because i like the controls better and they feel less cramped imo

Old 01-27-2013, 06:10 PM

As it happens the Creative Zen finished at 20. The Clip+ was selling for 20 with 2 delivery, and the Clip Zip selling for 22 with free delivery. They are all 4gb models, although I can put my 32gb microsd into the sansa ones.

In the end I've bought the 4gb Sansa Clip Zip. Should do as a nice backup player.

Thanks for your help, everyone.