android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Off Topic > Random Chat

Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Now you're asking people on the Internet to use common sense? lol

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Heh,...I guess your right, I'm asking a bit too much.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Wow that $229 64GB 4th gen refurb is pretty tempting.
So I'm a little confused about the BBE app. As I understand it you can only apply the BBE effects with it, NOT equalization. Is this correct? Also if this is true, will it work in tandem with another app's eq, such as EQu or other ones?

Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningistheday View Post
Wow that $229 64GB 4th gen refurb is pretty tempting.
So I'm a little confused about the BBE app. As I understand it you can only apply the BBE effects with it, NOT equalization. Is this correct?
Yes.
Quote:
Also if this is true, will it work in tandem with another app's eq, such as EQu or other ones?
No....one or the other.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Still, I'd jump one the deal if I could. They're gonna be gone real soon,...it's a bargain. I've done refurb iPod before, and my oldest son too. They look & perform like they're brand new.

But, my classic was a new one.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Still, I'd jump one the deal if I could. They're gonna be gone real soon,...it's a bargain. I've done refurb iPod before, and my oldest son too. They look & perform like they're brand new.

But, my classic was a new one.
Yeah, I wish I had the extra money lying around, but I don't.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This iPad mini is the shiznit!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

iOS now has an app called Accudio. What this app apparently accomplish is they have optimized EQ for each specific headphones so the frequency is flat, and the EQ was supposedly measure by professional equipment. Also, the app has stimulation mode where it stimulates to sound like other headphones.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll check it out later today,...thanks bro.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el maco View Post
I'd like to know how good is the user interface. Can you build playlists on-the-go? Can you browse albums with cover art, ordered by the artist name?
Time to dig up the old questions I guess. We have a brand new iPhone 4 lying around the house which nobody currently uses. I'd like to know if I could use it as a music player to replace my Cowon.

I need one parametric EQ to boost the bass (to compensate for the headphones I'm using and also my listening volume or lack thereof). This means I can't use the stock music player app; as far as I know Apple still haven't implemented a freely adjustable EQ of their own, have they?

I tried some 3rd party EQs in the past on my old iPod touch; they could provide the equaliser functionality but all of them failed in the user interface department. Can anyone shed some light on the situation now... is there an iOS EQ app that has the cover art enabled album browser which can list albums using artist name sorting? I guess the premise of the Accudio app is the most intriguing one, but I could settle for the BBE app, EQu or any other app it is that has what I'm looking for.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Throw in a micro SIM card, activate the phone, remove the micro SIM card, and use the phone without any issues. Just put it in "Airplane Mode" to turn off the radios. Turn on wifi when the mood hits you.

And I'd jailbreak it too,...I jailbroke my iPod touch 4G 64gb right after the untethered jailbreak was released. It allowed me to add & remove stuff, and I deactivated certain notifications from the system (updates). The thing works great!!! I might even do it with my wife's old iPhone 4G. It's sitting there gathering dust,...not a thing wrong with it.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM

I managed to get the free version of Accudio running even though I don't have a microSIM card at the moment. I do like the sound -- the EQ profile designed for my headphones is hands down better than flat. I can't get quite the same kind of punchy bass that my Cowon J3 can deliver, though. If I try to create a boosting filter I get crazy amount of distortion :/ Also my old problem still persists, I could not figure out a way to sort the album list based on the artist name. I wonder if any of the other EQ apps is better.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

All I use is EQu,...or stock. I wish Apple would stop being stupid & just give us a custom EQ,...damn douches!!!

Old 06-05-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
The latest update pretty much gets rid of the annoyances of the earlier releases. Artists are finally able to get sorted by albums and gapless playback is fantastic. It is just as good or better than gapless enabled by Rockbox for other players and Cowon's implimentation for the X7 and J3. I compared gapless playback between SonicMax and the iPod's native music player and they are pretty much duplicated. At last, music bliss on my iPod Touch!
I know this is an old thread...but I'm not able to get gapless playback with SonicMax Pro. Any tips? All indications from a pretty laborious google search seem to refute your claim of gapless playback, FWIW.
Help?

Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
I know this is an old thread...but I'm not able to get gapless playback with SonicMax Pro. Any tips? All indications from a pretty laborious google search seem to refute your claim of gapless playback, FWIW.
Help?
What version are you running? Try to install the latest version. Gapless works for me. It's not as tight as using native mode, but it's definitely close enough.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
What version are you running? Try to install the latest version. Gapless works for me. It's not as tight as using native mode, but it's definitely close enough.
Well, I downloaded it a week ago, so I'm guessing it's the newest version. There is a click between tracks (relatively minor), but no actual "gap", but the native player is completely smooth. I'll look into it some more. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Well, I downloaded it a week ago, so I'm guessing it's the newest version. There is a click between tracks (relatively minor), but no actual "gap", but the native player is completely smooth. I'll look into it some more. Thanks!
That might be as smooth as it gets. I do notice a noticeable click also on some music but not all.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
That might be as smooth as it gets. I do notice a noticeable click also on some music but not all.
I'd say you're right... I wonder what implementing gapless playback entails exactly, since evidently it's not trivial to pull off properly.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Another "audiophile" app called Audyssey Music Player is free for iOS right now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id569331902

Old 07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimran View Post
Another "audiophile" app called Audyssey Music Player is free for iOS right now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id569331902

Thanks, I will look into this.