android
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM

Default Self-repair iaudio7

Hi,

My iaudio7's been broken for a while now. The power slider button is broken (frictionless) and the menu button is also broken. I decided to take it apart and try to repair myself, as the repair shop up in Glasgow (or wherever it is) charges something like a £20 inspection fee for diagnosis alone.

For the power button, the tiny metal latch has broken off, but I don't have small enough soldering iron to be able to solder it back on. Are there any other fixes (no matter how short term) for this?

It speaks to the laptop fine, although when I've tried to turn it on with the screwdriver, it powers up and then goes all distorted.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2013, 10:23 AM

Also, if you know whether Cowon are releasing a new mp3 player this year that might be worth the wait, that'd be appreciated.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:28 PM

Not sure if there is anything you could use other than the black little slider switch shown in these pics http://www.imp3.net/articles/3/2007_09/14965_2.html were you able to speak with a tech to ask if they had that part? If they do and it's not that expensive, I'd have it fixed, I love mine and will keep her till she dies. If they don't speak with you over the phone, try emailing them, sometimes they'll be helpful ... hope you get her running again

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-22-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Not sure if there is anything you could use other than the black little slider switch shown in these pics http://www.imp3.net/articles/3/2007_09/14965_2.html were you able to speak with a tech to ask if they had that part? If they do and it's not that expensive, I'd have it fixed, I love mine and will keep her till she dies. If they don't speak with you over the phone, try emailing them, sometimes they'll be helpful ... hope you get her running again
They're not great at answering, but I did manage to get through and they said they don't. They offered to see if the could fix it if I sent it in but the cost of that would be stretching towards 70 - 80, not sure it's worth it (as blasphemous as that is to say!).