android
Old 01-28-2007, 05:06 AM

Question ZEN Nano Plus totally broken?

My ZEN Nano Plus 512mb worked fine for few weeks. Then one day I just turned it on normally, and after the Creative logo, it turned itself off! I changed batteries, with the same results.

I plugged in on my PC, go to my computer, double-click ZEN Nano Plus and Windows asks if I want to format my player? I hit no and open memory. EMPTY!! Well then I had to format the memory and get my music back to the player (luckily had back-ups). Well I unplugged it, and turned it on. Creative logo, then... Creative logo... Creative logo... Stuck in Creative logo! I let it to be like that for 6 hours, until battery depleted. No help. I plug it once again to my PC and it says:

''Drive I: cannot be opened. Memory may be broken or uncompatible with Windows XP.''

I tried to format it once again, and m y c o m pu t e r a c t s v e r y s l o w. It gets stuck. I let it to be for 30 minutes, and then I get enough. I unplug the player and my computer is normal again. This happens every time when I plug my ZEN into my PC.

I can't even listen to my music!
Please someone help me!

And does warranty cover this kinda problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 AM

Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
The downside to that is you might have had a newer version than is on Creative's website, but it might fix your problem.