android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 AM

Default Sennheiser HD 25-1 II & Sandisk Sansa Clip+ ?

Hey guys,

I wanna know if the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II sounds well with the Sandisk Sansa Clip+.
I've done some research on the internet and found out that the Sandisk Sansa Clip+ has great quality for his price.

Also the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II seems a good product. But im interested if someone here at this forum has this combination and if he can
tell me if it's great or not. By the way, english is not my main language, so there can some be some grammar mistakes. Excuse moi.

- Hypnosit3

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM

The Sennheiser HD 25-1 II is a professional model that appears to be built for ruggedness more than lightness and comfort. I did a quick look at the HD-25 products; the HD-25 SP II lightweight headphones look like a better match to the Clip Zip in size, comfort, appropriateness for outdoor as well as indoor use, and price ($130 at B&H Photo and Guitar Center vs. $200 for the HD 25-1 II). I would add that the HD 25-1 II has extremely high ambient noise isolation. Outdoors along public streets I would want less noise isolation, for safety reasons.

I have never heard the HD 25 SP II phones. However I like the sound of my older Sennheiser HD 210 headphones with the Clip Zip +, and reviewers write that the HD-25 SP II lightweight phones sound better than the HD 210.

Last edited by zipclipper; 01-13-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added to, reworded some for clarity, corrected typo

Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Welcome both of you to ABi

zipclipper I believe you missed the reason Hypnosit3 posted. They want to know if anyone has had personal experience with the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II/Clip+ combination. Telling them what anonymous reviewers say about that setup won't answer that. Your contribution is appreciated but I've seen this posted on another forum and it seems they already know what other reviewers have to say.

Both of the reviews I've found here Yuki's http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=43566 and meanwhile's http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68135 say that it's a great combo but there's a fair chance neither of them have seen this to provide any personal insight. This being posted in the wrong subforum hasn't helped it getting more answers. I'll be moving this thread to Headphones after I post this.

I had a chance to listen to the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II along with the Clip+ for a couple of hours over a year ago and got the impression that it sounded better than any other monitor headphones I had at the time. I didn't have the chance to do a direct comparison to those and it was so long ago I wouldn't want to tell anyone to buy them based on that brief impression.

IIRC there's at least one other member, The DarkSide, that has the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II and the Clip. He might have something to say if this comes to his attention once I move this.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've used my Sennheiser hd25-1 II's with the clip+ and clipzip. The sq is excellent, and there is plenty of volume. They go well together,...

Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I've used my Sennheiser hd25-1 II's with the clip+ and clipzip. The sq is excellent, and there is plenty of volume. They go well together,...
i'm surprised to hear that. Some on Head-fi claimed that this combination needs an amp.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
i'm surprised to hear that. Some on Head-fi claimed that this combination needs an amp.
Those are the ones who always seem to say any headphone needs an amp.

These are really easy to drive, and get quite loud. I use them on occasion,...when I'm not using one of my other (read: too damn many!!!) headphones. They sound fantastic,...

Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Ok thanks for your commend. A guy at another forum told me it sounds better if i use a FiiO E6 amp. Does the FiiO E6 improve the sound quality or only the volume?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:07 AM

Only the volume, though The Dark Side says it's not necessary. The other thing that the E6 could have improved, is lowering the output impedance, but the Clip+ already has a very low output impedance (0.5Ω).

Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Some people just luv to use amps. It's the users choice, but it's not a necessity.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Some people just luv to use amps. It's the users choice, but it's not a necessity.
It is driven by peer pressure at some other forums though, I think....and you know of where I speak....lol

Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 AM

Using external DACs even with DAPs is a close second in such places.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post
Using external DACs even with DAPs is a close second in such places.
Oh yes. The vast majority of the people there that buy the external portable DACs really do not need them at all. I certainly have no plans to buy one.