android
  #41  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Tapeworm's Avatar
Tapeworm Tapeworm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California, the Granola State
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
And their memory card quality control is going down the tubes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
What tubes? . . .
I thought that would be nicer than saying "down the crapper" which is what I was thinking.

Oops . . . guess I might've well said that in the first place!
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #42  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,416
Default

Any sources you can give besides anecdotes so we can independently confirm Sandisk is having quality control problems?
Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Just Some Guy Just Some Guy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 494
Default

Whoa whoa whoa, whoa. Lets not start talking about "evidence" and "sources", now. This isn't some kind of... of... forum where you have to back up what you say, man. Let's not get all "proof this" and "truth that" here. (Subtlety? Never heard of it...)
__________________
Sennheiser PX 100 still great after all these years
NWZ-A17 (64GB) and 128 GB card ALL THE MUSICS!! ALL OF THEM!!
Toshiba AT330 32 GB Tablet + 128GB SDXC + 128 USB movies, Netflix and internet, oh my!
Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
...And their memory card quality control is going down the tubes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore View Post
...Didn't know their latest range of solid state storage was rated badly though but I do admit to being a little out of the loop.
Seems as though it does need to be verified in some way, doesn't it?

There's at least one person that took the statement that there's an issue with sandisk memory card quality control seriously. Anyone else that reads that could easily do the same. All that's being asked is that a means of verifying if the statement is fact or an opinion be made available.

If it's an opinion then that should be made clear. If there's something that raises the statement above the level of opinion then links to that should be provided. That way a person making a buying decision will be able make their decision based on what they can confirm for themselves.
Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Carson Dyle Carson Dyle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 285
Default

How could such a statement be 'verified', short of an industry-wide survey?
Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
skip252 skip252 is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,416
Default

My point exactly. If there's an industry wide study showing that there's quality control problems at sandisk I haven't been able to track it down. If such a study does exist, providing a link will let a prospective buyer know there's a genuine problem. If not, it's just someones opinion.

I personally give a rat's ass one way or the other. I just don't want to come across a link back to here from somewhere else that "proves" a product is defective because "the guys at ABi say so".

Last edited by skip252; 01-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Tapeworm's Avatar
Tapeworm Tapeworm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California, the Granola State
Posts: 481
Default

All right, in order to pacify some here let me state "for the record" the statements I made previously regarding SanDisk and their memory card and/or flash drives problems and their increasing failure rate is based on my opinion only and are purely "anecdotal". No imperial, unrefuted, documented, or admitted evidence exists. At least none that would satisfy some here.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the (literally) dozens of people complaining and posting about problems with the higher-capacity SanDisk memory cards on the Sandisk forums just within the last few months are all making it up? Or maybe they've had problems for a long time and just recently decided to complain about it? Or maybe their problems are all related to their smart phones, cameras, mp3 players, tablets or Windows 8? Or maybe it can be chalked up to user error or ignorance?

Surely the fact that these cards are sometimes dead out of the packaging, or work fine for weeks or months and then with no outside influence suddenly require formatting, or mysteriously out-of-the-blue are not recoginzed by any device or computer, or lose all their contents, or get so hot they can't be touched can't be assumed to be bad or faulty design, manufacture, or quality control, can they?

Yes, I am making this assumption as I believe any person of normal (or higher) intelligence would. Of course according to some, I'm probably wrong about that too. Sometimes I forget who's private playground I've entered, and that fee speech and expression of ideas and opinions (without saying IMO after every statement) are only allowed if it agrees with that of a certain few who assume this playground belongs to them.
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 01-12-2013, 03:44 PM
mamamia88 mamamia88 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
All right, in order to pacify some here let me state "for the record" the statements I made previously regarding SanDisk and their memory card and/or flash drives problems and their increasing failure rate is based on my opinion only and are purely "anecdotal". No imperial, unrefuted, documented, or admitted evidence exists. At least none that would satisfy some here.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the (literally) dozens of people complaining and posting about problems with the higher-capacity SanDisk memory cards on the Sandisk forums just within the last few months are all making it up? Or maybe they've had problems for a long time and just recently decided to complain about it? Or maybe their problems are all related to their smart phones, cameras, mp3 players, tablets or Windows 8? Or maybe it can be chalked up to user error or ignorance?

Surely the fact that these cards are sometimes dead out of the packaging, or work fine for weeks or months and then with no outside influence suddenly require formatting, or mysteriously out-of-the-blue are not recoginzed by any device or computer, or lose all their contents, or get so hot they can't be touched can't be assumed to be bad or faulty design, manufacture, or quality control, can they?

Yes, I am making this assumption as I believe any person of normal (or higher) intelligence would. Of course according to some, I'm probably wrong about that too. Sometimes I forget who's private playground I've entered, and that fee speech and expression of ideas and opinions (without saying IMO after every statement) are only allowed if it agrees with that of a certain few who assume this playground belongs to them.
You can't make assumptions from complaints on a support forum. Most people who have a working product don't bother posting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Roboturner913 Roboturner913 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
Default

I can only dream of something with the screen and playback capabilities of the Fuze+ with a conventional scroll wheel or tactile 5-way control. Would be a dream come true.
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
TexasRockbox TexasRockbox is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA (guess the state ;-) )
Posts: 218
Default

I have two Clip Zips and two Sandisk 64GB microSDXC. No problems whatsoever.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.