android
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
And their memory card quality control is going down the tubes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
What tubes? . . .
I thought that would be nicer than saying "down the crapper" which is what I was thinking.

Oops . . . guess I might've well said that in the first place!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Any sources you can give besides anecdotes so we can independently confirm Sandisk is having quality control problems?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, whoa. Lets not start talking about "evidence" and "sources", now. This isn't some kind of... of... forum where you have to back up what you say, man. Let's not get all "proof this" and "truth that" here. (Subtlety? Never heard of it...)

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
...And their memory card quality control is going down the tubes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore View Post
...Didn't know their latest range of solid state storage was rated badly though but I do admit to being a little out of the loop.
Seems as though it does need to be verified in some way, doesn't it?

There's at least one person that took the statement that there's an issue with sandisk memory card quality control seriously. Anyone else that reads that could easily do the same. All that's being asked is that a means of verifying if the statement is fact or an opinion be made available.

If it's an opinion then that should be made clear. If there's something that raises the statement above the level of opinion then links to that should be provided. That way a person making a buying decision will be able make their decision based on what they can confirm for themselves.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 AM

How could such a statement be 'verified', short of an industry-wide survey?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Administrator

My point exactly. If there's an industry wide study showing that there's quality control problems at sandisk I haven't been able to track it down. If such a study does exist, providing a link will let a prospective buyer know there's a genuine problem. If not, it's just someones opinion.

I personally give a rat's ass one way or the other. I just don't want to come across a link back to here from somewhere else that "proves" a product is defective because "the guys at ABi say so".

Last edited by skip252; 01-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:08 PM

All right, in order to pacify some here let me state "for the record" the statements I made previously regarding SanDisk and their memory card and/or flash drives problems and their increasing failure rate is based on my opinion only and are purely "anecdotal". No imperial, unrefuted, documented, or admitted evidence exists. At least none that would satisfy some here.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the (literally) dozens of people complaining and posting about problems with the higher-capacity SanDisk memory cards on the Sandisk forums just within the last few months are all making it up? Or maybe they've had problems for a long time and just recently decided to complain about it? Or maybe their problems are all related to their smart phones, cameras, mp3 players, tablets or Windows 8? Or maybe it can be chalked up to user error or ignorance?

Surely the fact that these cards are sometimes dead out of the packaging, or work fine for weeks or months and then with no outside influence suddenly require formatting, or mysteriously out-of-the-blue are not recoginzed by any device or computer, or lose all their contents, or get so hot they can't be touched can't be assumed to be bad or faulty design, manufacture, or quality control, can they?

Yes, I am making this assumption as I believe any person of normal (or higher) intelligence would. Of course according to some, I'm probably wrong about that too. Sometimes I forget who's private playground I've entered, and that fee speech and expression of ideas and opinions (without saying IMO after every statement) are only allowed if it agrees with that of a certain few who assume this playground belongs to them.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
All right, in order to pacify some here let me state "for the record" the statements I made previously regarding SanDisk and their memory card and/or flash drives problems and their increasing failure rate is based on my opinion only and are purely "anecdotal". No imperial, unrefuted, documented, or admitted evidence exists. At least none that would satisfy some here.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the (literally) dozens of people complaining and posting about problems with the higher-capacity SanDisk memory cards on the Sandisk forums just within the last few months are all making it up? Or maybe they've had problems for a long time and just recently decided to complain about it? Or maybe their problems are all related to their smart phones, cameras, mp3 players, tablets or Windows 8? Or maybe it can be chalked up to user error or ignorance?

Surely the fact that these cards are sometimes dead out of the packaging, or work fine for weeks or months and then with no outside influence suddenly require formatting, or mysteriously out-of-the-blue are not recoginzed by any device or computer, or lose all their contents, or get so hot they can't be touched can't be assumed to be bad or faulty design, manufacture, or quality control, can they?

Yes, I am making this assumption as I believe any person of normal (or higher) intelligence would. Of course according to some, I'm probably wrong about that too. Sometimes I forget who's private playground I've entered, and that fee speech and expression of ideas and opinions (without saying IMO after every statement) are only allowed if it agrees with that of a certain few who assume this playground belongs to them.
You can't make assumptions from complaints on a support forum. Most people who have a working product don't bother posting

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM

I can only dream of something with the screen and playback capabilities of the Fuze+ with a conventional scroll wheel or tactile 5-way control. Would be a dream come true.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM

I have two Clip Zips and two Sandisk 64GB microSDXC. No problems whatsoever.