android
Old 01-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Default Flu shot

Been reading a lot to decide if I should get the flu shot. So far I'm against it.

Why I Never Get Flu Shots or Snorts By Chet Day
http://chetday.com/noflushots.htm

Latest on the Flu Shot Scam
http://www.pacifichealthcenter.com/b...e-in-flu-shots

'Preservative-free' vaccines and flu shots still contain deadly toxins
http://www.naturalnews.com/038420_fl...ervatives.html

Flu vaccine FAQ: Mercury and flu vaccines
http://news.consumerreports.org/heal...himerosal.html

Thimerosal Content in Some US Licensed Vaccines
the information in the table was updated May 2, 2012
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

General Questions and Answers on Thimerosal
http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccinati...merosal_qa.htm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Whenever I don't get the shot I get the flu,...and I'm constantly with the mainstream public. I got it, and so did my family. We'll take our chances,...it's worth it to us.

My wife skipped it last year, got sick, and I went through hell with her. I was going to take her in to be admitted to the hospital.

You do what you deem best, I do what I do to be alive.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Whenever I don't get the shot I get the flu,...and I'm constantly with the mainstream public. I got it, and so did my family. We'll take our chances,...it's worth it to us.

My wife skipped it last year, got sick, and I went through hell with her. I was going to take her in to be admitted to the hospital.

You do what you deem best, I do what I do to be alive.
Is that what you've got now?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Is that what you've got now?
Maybe,...but the severity of it is greatly lessened. I've had a slight fever, sore throat, and runny/congested sinuses. And, it's now going away. I'd most likely have been floored for most of the week. This is annoying, but tolerable. My wife had no symptoms, and my 8yo had sniffles & a slight sore throat like me. He's better, and I'm almost there as well. A few days of more cold like sickness is fine. No 104F+ fever for me for the last few years of getting the shot. It could be deadly for me,...and my wife.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bascom View Post
'Preservative-free' vaccines and flu shots still contain deadly toxins
http://www.naturalnews.com/038420_fl...ervatives.html
That page is so fucking stupid it hurts my brain. I think I'd rather read about oxygen free audio cables.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM

I should stop reading this but holy shit:

Quote:
Let's take the food toxin metaphor, as an example of what is going on in the "preservative-free" vaccine world.

Consider this: would you eat a meal if you knew it contained 10 toxins, but the cook said they left out the one you are allergic to?
Yes, that would be awful if you ate meal containing yeast protein (bread), glutamate (meat), or various salts. Personally I just inject laboratory-grade glucose into my food port (mouth). Its the only way to be sure i'm not ingesting "toxins", which is what I call things I don't know anything about.

What motivates someone to type up pages and pages of nonsense without also motivating them to use wikipedia and look up things? I get the feeling that if you gave that guy the mineral report for his tap water or pointed out that theres a couple nanograms of yeast in every breath he inhales his brain would explode.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

The flu shot is abdolutely necessary for some indivisuals, especially for people taking medicine to purposely lower their immune system. I think that blog is bull crap.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM

I haven't had a flu shot in years nor do I need one. Each time my mother ever get one she ended up with a bad flu so she hasn't gotten one either lol

Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Redneck Moderator

No flu shots here, haven't had one for nearly 20 years. I get sick sometimes, but i get over them pretty quickly too. Haven't been to bad in the last few years.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 01-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

In general, the people who need to take flu shots are the very young, elderly, and people who are taking medicine to reduce their imune system because of RHA. As for me, I never had a fu shot and so far I've been very lucky.

Last edited by musichound; 01-12-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I take the shot because I work directly with the public at times. I travel in packed trains, with tons of sick school kids, and I work in more impoverished areas of the city. I also have a crappier immune system after having cancer (but I never had chemo btw). I don't/can't take chances,...

Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
I should stop reading this but holy shit:

Yes, that would be awful if you ate meal containing yeast protein (bread), glutamate (meat), or various salts. Personally I just inject laboratory-grade glucose into my food port (mouth). Its the only way to be sure i'm not ingesting "toxins", which is what I call things I don't know anything about.

What motivates someone to type up pages and pages of nonsense without also motivating them to use wikipedia and look up things? I get the feeling that if you gave that guy the mineral report for his tap water or pointed out that theres a couple nanograms of yeast in every breath he inhales his brain would explode.
I don't follow your analogy. Yeast protein (bread), glutamate (meat), and various salts aren't toxins. He wouldn't be concerned about them. He cited 8 sources for his article. What in wikipedia would discredit or not support his claims?

Seems like there is an endless supply of links in the news about this. Two more:

Vaccination & Vaccine Safety
http://www.flu.gov/prevention-vaccin...on/index.html#

The Easiest, Cheapest Way to Stay Healthy
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...y-stay-healthy

"Frequent hand washing with soap and water can save you money—and misery—by helping you avoid medical bills, missed workdays, or having to stay home with a sick child. And you’ll also protect your friends and family: A CDC survey found that 40 million Americans a year fall prey to illnesses spread by hands, which can harbor up to 500,000 bacteria per square centimeter"

Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I don't follow your analogy. Yeast protein (bread), glutamate (meat), and various salts aren't toxins. He wouldn't be concerned about them.
Its not my analogy, thats from the link you posted. That guy claims those are toxins that one should avoid consuming when in reality they're common substances that are generally safe to eat.

Quote:
What in wikipedia would discredit or not support his claims?
Well for instance looking up what some of those so called 'toxins' are might have set him straight.

Quote:
Seems like there is an endless supply of links in the news about this. Two more:

Vaccination & Vaccine Safety
http://www.flu.gov/prevention-vaccin...on/index.html#

The Easiest, Cheapest Way to Stay Healthy
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...y-stay-healthy

"Frequent hand washing with soap and water can save you money—and misery—by helping you avoid medical bills, missed workdays, or having to stay home with a sick child. And you’ll also protect your friends and family: A CDC survey found that 40 million Americans a year fall prey to illnesses spread by hands, which can harbor up to 500,000 bacteria per square centimeter"
Those are much sounder sources of information.