JVC Riptidz over ear HAS200R
I just got these yesterday and thought I would write my initial impressions today and update after a week or two of use. My old headphones are Sony MDR-V150s which broke.
- very nice bass response and depth of sound
- They get very loud compared to the sonys I used to have to crank the volume up on the computer to about 60% to get the same volume these get at 20% with the riptidz
- headphones themselves feel very durable
- holds onto my head very securly
- very noise isolating from all other headphones I have tried ( I can't hear myself typing at volume 20%
- they hold on almost too hard to my head, this wouldn't bother too many people but I wear glasses and the arms get pushed quite hard up against my head and start to hurt over time
- cord is very short for full size headphones 1.2m I have to use an extension cable and lose some sound quality as a result (very little but still I can tell)
- cord feels cheap and thin for full size headphones. My sonys had a thicker longer cord almost too long i was tripping over. This cord feels like what you get on jvc gumy headphones which I had and had to get rid of after a year due to cord connection problem.
I'm not very good at explaining sound characteristics but will try my best
They have surprisingly nice bass response but in most of my music that doesn't have really deep bass the mids and the middle end of the highs seem a bit overpowering. They pack more of a punch than the old sonys. they get quite loud like i mentioned earlier where my sonys would be at 60% volume these get the same result at 20 -25%
Overall I would recommend these headphones to anyone looking for headphones under 20$ they are worth the 17$ I paid. I would have liked to see a longer thicker cord but for someone who just plugs them into an ipod the cord is a perfect length. The cord issues for me durability wise shouldn't be a huge issue as these will be mainly for computer use and I don't intend to stuff them in my pocket. Although i don't think the cord will not take getting run over and tangled in my office chair like my old ones did.
At first I was skeptical of buying another pair of cheap jvc headphones since back in 2006 I bought a pair of gumys and they had all the bass response of a mosquito and sounded tinny.
People who wear glasses my have to take them off and readjust their glasses every now and again for comfort I know I do.
I will revise this review after a while longer of use
Last edited by mikee; 01-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.