android
Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Default Cowon X9 and Shuffle Mode

I got the Cowon x9 for Christmas this year, the touch screen interface isn't as sensitive to touch as my Sony Walkman X Series, but I love how it has a long lasting batter, an already large base memory that you can expand via slot for microSD cards, I really look forward to using it.

The thing that actually makes me sad is that I can't find a way find a way to play in shuffle mode. So far it only plays through one song at a time in alphabetical order and I want to be able to play it in shuffle, but so far no luck.

Anyone know how to put the player in shuffle mode? I'm having no luck

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochaNova View Post
I got the Cowon x9 for Christmas this year, the touch screen interface isn't as sensitive to touch as my Sony Walkman X Series, but I love how it has a long lasting batter, an already large base memory that you can expand via slot for microSD cards, I really look forward to using it.

The thing that actually makes me sad is that I can't find a way find a way to play in shuffle mode. So far it only plays through one song at a time in alphabetical order and I want to be able to play it in shuffle, but so far no luck.

Anyone know how to put the player in shuffle mode? I'm having no luck
http://www.cowonglobal.com/download/...ual_1.0_EN.pdf

Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM

I went through that link of the manual and it was more helpful than the manual I got with the product, but unless I misread it, I don't think that link mentions anything about shuffle mode either

Unless I missed something in the manual

Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I was hoping it might be in there somewhere. Their user interface can be very frustrating and unintuitive.......that why I traded my Cowons away. You might have better luck finding somebody that owns one over at our sister site iaudiophile....good luck!

Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Administrator

"Astoundingly bad" doesn't start to describe how poor that manual is. Makes the other Cowon manuals I've seen look like shining examples of clarity.

There's no, repeat NO, info on how to do much other than turn it on. It shows pictures of the top level of each screen, that's it. Anyone that's had a Cowon knows that the tip of the iceberg. There's levels below that and what can be done in each screen is different depending on what level you're on. This is a prime example of how to drive customers away by just not giving a damn if they can use your product easily. Just sad.

I wish I could be more helpful but I haven't dealt with the X9. I'd suggest looking under the Music icon for a Mode setting. On my i9 that's only visible during playback with a extended press on the >>| part of the keypad. Then there's a couple of arrows that either cross or are parallel to indicate the playback mode.

As yours has more buttons and screens where the shuffle mode setting is will probably be buried somewhere else. Cowon submenus are frequently represented with icons instead of words so you may be looking for something like that.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's a shame, really. The epic battery life and good sound quality(given careful use of the audio tweaks) would have this player on my list if they could just make it a little more user-friendly. Until that day comes, though, no more Cowons for me.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Not that sure if this helps, but on my X7, while on the music playing screen, there is an initial menu for previous track, next track, etc. When I slide my finger over that, it brings me more menu selections, including MODE. From there, I can select the way Shuffle works. The default is the OFF position.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Thank you everyone for your help on this matter, I was tinkering with it and accidentally found out about how to set it to shuffle

Couldn't tell ya how I did it again ^ ^;;

Old 05-23-2013, 04:50 PM

Default cowon x9

having just received the cowon x9 yesterday. i have discovered by trial and error [as attached manual and download are both poor].when you are playing music.tap the top of the screen near the centre.this brings up 5 icons.if you touch the square symbol adj to the +symbol,this will then give you a further selection of symbols which will allow you to either shuffle,play all,repeat etc.
hope this helps.

totally bemused as to why these symbols and their functions are not properly explained in the manual.that asides this is the best sounding m3 player i have ever heard.leaves ipod,sony and creative for dead.