android
Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 PM

That's them. Sound good so far. They fit tight to the nozzle then flair much wider at the end.
New proprietary larger sound tube model for sound optimization!!

HA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Those? - http://www.earsonics.com/osc/catalog...products_id=59

I wonder how they are, maybe I should get them. SM3 are very tip-dependent to my ears, only the Alpine/Sensorcom and the PFE tips with spacers work really well for me. The included Comply foamies are horrible, they make them sound as boring as Etymotic for me.
May you post a link to the exact alpine tips you bought. I think I went to their website but they sell several types of tips.
And yes, I just ordered a pair of sm3s. Can't wait til they get here.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Congrats on getting the SM3.

Those are the Alpine tips I use: http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp...1142&PT_ID=348

Exact same inner diameter as the Phonak PFE tips, and a flared exit port as well.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:09 PM

The ES ear tips seem to be very close to the alpine tips. They sound great.

The phones themselves are very good. Some of the best bass I have heard on BAs These have a rich full sound yet are still clear and precise. Defiantly a top tier iem. I might prefer my e-Q5 on some Folk but these are my best all-a-rounders.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Default SM3 response

Quote:
Here's the frequency response of the SM3:

Thanks for posting this ... did you measure it yourself (or is this from another source)? Any more measured/graphical results of the SM3 you'd care to post?
Thanks again!

Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM

It was measured by an acquaintance of mine, an audio engineer (DIY zero-output-impedance amp > SM3 > B&K measuring microphone > ARTA). Sorry, I don't have access to the other measurements, but I would be interested in them as well...

Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Measurements are important

Quote:
It was measured by an acquaintance of mine, an audio engineer (DIY zero-output-impedance amp > SM3 > B&K measuring microphone > ARTA). Sorry, I don't have access to the other measurements, but I would be interested in them as well...
Subjective reviews are ubiquitous, banal and ... well, subjective ... dime-a-dozen AFAIC. So my hat's off to you for taking the objective plunge.

This is a popular IEM, but it has been, thus far, pretty much neglected WRT scientific measurements. So... please wine and dine your acquaintance ... and get him/her to donate any other measurements. Otherwise, Tyll over at IF -- who seems to have caught on to measurements-are-important strategy -- may beat you to the punch

I've subscribed to this thread ... and looking fwd to any more measured data you can provide.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by file624 View Post
Subjective reviews are ubiquitous, banal and ... well, subjective ... dime-a-dozen AFAIC. So my hat's off to you for taking the objective plunge.

This is a popular IEM, but it has been, thus far, pretty much neglected WRT scientific measurements. So... please wine and dine your acquaintance ... and get him/her to donate any other measurements. Otherwise, Tyll over at IF -- who seems to have caught on to measurements-are-important strategy -- may beat you to the punch

I've subscribed to this thread ... and looking fwd to any more measured data you can provide.
I thought my english was good, but I didn't understand a word of what you said (frustrating) :s

Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 AM

I know this is super old but I just have to say how much I love these SM3 V2. I can't think of an IEM under $600 that's better, the W4 can be called equal by some but not better imo.

Now the have the new SM64 with traits of they're custom EM4 and EM6 along with and impedance adapter like on the TDK BA200. Its also a 3 driver 3 way crossover but I'm guessing it will be more resolving and more transparent as well so I'm looking forward to getting a pair in the next few months.

I'm defiantly hook on the Earsonics sound and if the build quality was a little better they'd be the top top-tier under $600 imo.