android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM

Default System noise between tracks

Hi, all -

I don't recall seeing this problem mentioned before, and a quick search of ABI didn't turn up anything. I recently (cyber Monday) picked up a 8GB Clip+ from Amazon to replace an another older, failing device. I've just noticed that there is annoying system noise at the end of each track before it advances to the next track. This also happens when manually advancing through tracks. It sounds like the same noise that caused me to return my Sansa e200 six years ago.

This only happens when playing songs loaded on the device's internal memory. It took me a while to notice this because I've been playing music from my SD card and only just recently added files to the onboard memory.

Is this something that might be fixed through firmware? It came with 1.0.17A, and I upgraded to 1.0.18. No difference. Could rolling back to an earlier version help? I'm really bummed because this is unacceptable, and I've ruined my chances of returning the device. By the time I noticed there was a problem I'd not only tossed the packaging, but also the earbuds and USB cord.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]