android
Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM

Default IEM's for Samsung Vitality($50-$70)

So I have started using my Samsung Vitality(Android Phone from Cricket) as a MP3 player to get me by until I could replace my clip+ but in the last week it has totally grown on me!

I'm ready to pick up some IEM's for it. Budget is $50-$70, I need portable, and I prefer to ear my IEM/earbuds "over the ear" but "Guide's" are optonal.. no memory wire though.. Drive me insane!

I listen to Rock n Roll in all forms, and have an attachment to a slight bias in the upper bass/lower mids, but overall like a clean clear sound.

I would strongly prefer a Mic/answer/volume button control thingy.
I have no aversion to using a portable AMP if needed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM

80 view's and not a single suggestion?

Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

probably because you are asking the most common question ever asked on this forum. your player doesnt matter much, the IEM suggestions will be the same.

amp usually isnt needed. most controls dont work well with android.

soundmagic e10 hands down for my money. meelectronics a151 are really good at the prices they go for now as well. not as much punch to the bass as the e10.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Well that won't work much. I can't use my phone as am MP3 player if I cannot answer calls and stuff. guess I'll be going after another MP3 player. Sucks because I'm unhappy with the current selection

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

A headphone/iem with a single click control will work with your phone. I'm currently using my Incase Sonic hp's with a V-Moda single click cable. Works perfectly with either an Android phone, or my WP7 Lumia 920.

There are also other choices, including some by MeElectronics. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6d135wezed_b

Just make sure the one's you choose have a single click control,...no volume controls work.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
A headphone/iem with a single click control will work with your phone. I'm currently using my Incase Sonic hp's with a V-Moda single click cable. Works perfectly with either an Android phone, or my WP7 Lumia 920.

There are also other choices, including some by MeElectronics. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6d135wezed_b

Just make sure the one's you choose have a single click control,...no volume controls work.

Sweet, I'm still learning about Android device's as a whole. I knew there was issue's with mic/volume control but didn't exactly understand it all.

Thanks for the guidance!

Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yeah, most answer/disconnect buttons work. And its easier than you think to answer calls using a normal headset. Its like a 1 ring delay to disconnect it and answer a call. no biggie.

so far I like all the Meelec stuff I have tried. tough to go wrong there. well, the m6 was a bitch with fit, but it still sounded great.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

With regular headphones, if somebody called me or I made a call with my Android phone, it was simply a matter of holding the phone up in front of my face to speak, as if it was a 2-way radio....so I couldn't see bothering with getting any headpones that had an actual microphone built in....lol.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
With regular headphones, if somebody called me or I made a call with my Android phone, it was simply a matter of holding the phone up in front of my face to speak, as if it was a 2-way radio....so I couldn't see bothering with getting any headpones that had an actual microphone built in....lol.
Yup, that works as well. I also use headphones that have no controls and just hold the mike end up to talk. Works good enough,...

Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 PM

ok, I'll keep that in mind when looking at some IEM's. This is only my second android device(Galaxy tab 7.0+ for about a year) so I'm still learning the in's and outs. I am still shocked that it make's such a spiffy music player, I like it a lot better than my Clip+(never rock boxed it though).