android
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapre View Post
From my random experimentation, it seems that builds after 5/19/12 give me a data abort error when I connect my zip to a computer via USB.
No more data aborts with the latest builds. Thanks, everyone! One of these days I need to learn to compile.

My latest problem deals with reading files off the MicroSD. Sometimes, rockbox will just lock up while playing a file, usually it tends to be large podcasts, but not always. It usually takes a few resets to get it running again. Is this a memory issue or is there something else going on? Is ther a setting I need to enable/disable? The cards will work fine in my rockboxed Clip+. Anyone else experiencing this? Any theories?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknuds1 View Post
Anyone else experiencing periodic clicks during playback after installing RockBox on this device? I've installed version 74af18e-120617 of RockBox, and I get clicks in the right channel every few seconds. The volume of the clicks depends on the playback volume, I'm listening through a pair of Sennheiser CX300 II earbuds. It's pretty annoying
I have exactly the same problem

Are you still having these random clicks on right channel or did you solved this problem?

I'm trying new releases on a monthly basis but I have always to go back to original firmware as the clicks are really annoying.

Maybe some zips have some different components that make them not fully compatible with rockbox?

Edit:
It seems that the problem isn't on the decoding stage as the clicks don't depend on the channel config: even with mono, mono right and mono left configurations the clicks always happen on the right channel.

Last edited by pepelugil; 10-02-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 AM

Any chance of seeing a new dfkt patched build?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
I came here to ask the same thing.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelugil View Post
It seems that the problem isn't on the decoding stage as the clicks don't depend on the channel config: even with mono, mono right and mono left configurations the clicks always happen on the right channel.
Do they still happen if you listen to a silent wav file ?

Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Yes, I still have them with a silent wav, and I can also tell you that those "clicks" are volume dependent: they get louder if I turn up the volume of my Zip.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
I think i figured out why the Clip and Fuze players sometimes get stuck at the panic screen and need to wait for the battery to drain to reboot. I've committed a fix, but I have no way to test it, so if anyone gets stuck unable to reboot with a build from today onward, please let me know.
Longtime Clip+ rockbox user, new Clip Zip RB user, just installed tonight via the latest build. First time I plugged in USB to the PC, got the usual driver failure that I see with the first Clip + connect. When disconnecting the cable to reboot and try again, I now get "Undefined instru" on the first line, and "pc:30800000 sp:3" on the second line. IS this the panic screen, or something else? I can't seem to get it to reset at all; assuming I'm going to have to wait for the battery to die now.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
Longtime Clip+ rockbox user, new Clip Zip RB user, just installed tonight via the latest build. First time I plugged in USB to the PC, got the usual driver failure that I see with the first Clip + connect. When disconnecting the cable to reboot and try again, I now get "Undefined instru" on the first line, and "pc:30800000 sp:3" on the second line. IS this the panic screen, or something else? I can't seem to get it to reset at all; assuming I'm going to have to wait for the battery to die now.
I don't know how long you waited holding the power button, but for me that will always cause a reset if I hold it long enough. One thing I have found with the Zip is that you're better off with the player powered on before you plug it into the computer.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
+1

Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I don't know how long you waited holding the power button, but for me that will always cause a reset if I hold it long enough. One thing I have found with the Zip is that you're better off with the player powered on before you plug it into the computer.
Sure enough, if I held the power down for something like 30 seconds, it did reset. Thanks!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
not necessary anymore.

New crossfeed algorithm: Meier crossfeed

Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maumaumau View Post
On a sidenote, I think they should add FS#9305 - Context sensitive backlight on key press to the official builds as well. It works perfectly (well, at least on my Clip+), and it's so useful.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I still have them with a silent wav, and I can also tell you that those "clicks" are volume dependent: they get louder if I turn up the volume of my Zip.
@saratoga: Sorry, but did my answer give you any hint or it's just a dead end?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM

Probably just a broken DAC.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Probably just a broken DAC.
But then why original firmware sounds fine? If it's a hardware failure then the problem should be always there.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
But then why original firmware sounds fine? If it's a hardware failure then the problem should be always there.
I don't see why that would be true.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I don't see why that would be true.
Sorry I don't have your knowledge, but do you mean that there's some broken DAC inside my Zip that Sansa's original firmware doesn't use, and that Rockbox uses it and that's the reason why I have my sound problems?

I don't understand why a "broken" DAC sounds bad with Rockbox, but sounds ok with OF... It would seem that Sansa original firmware knows how to deal it but Rockbox fails to do it...

Don't trying to be rude, just trying to understand what do you want to say.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry I don't have your knowledge, but do you mean that there's some broken DAC inside my Zip that Sansa's original firmware doesn't use, and that Rockbox uses it and that's the reason why I have my sound problems?
I mean logically, just because you can find someway to make something work doesn't mean it isn't broken. If your player behaves differently then every other player, its got something wrong with it. Two identical working devices should work the same.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
I just got a Zip and it did this as well. It reset correctly and seemed to work, but its still troublesome that it would have a problem like this.

However, then I went to transfer some music to it on reboot (using Rockbox), and after transferring a few songs in MusicBee, an error message popped up on the computer saying how the GetFreeSpace (or similar name function) had failed. The device totally locked up. No resetting of any kind would bring it back up. Sometimes the screen would come on but it would have a plaid background and the computer couldn't recognize the device. Eventually, it started showing up as the m200PLUS recovery device.

Sansa support had me return it the place I bought it from. Any ideas if this is a rockbox related problem or I just got a bad Zip?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM

I just installed rockbox on my clipzip. It's taking a little while to get used to it.

Anyway, is there anyway to change the original "lock" key to lock the clip zip?
Pressing the back and enter key seems really stupid to me.

And when I press the top original "lock" button it pauses the song... Really annoying.