android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Olson View Post
Longtime Clip+ rockbox user, new Clip Zip RB user, just installed tonight via the latest build. First time I plugged in USB to the PC, got the usual driver failure that I see with the first Clip + connect. When disconnecting the cable to reboot and try again, I now get "Undefined instru" on the first line, and "pc:30800000 sp:3" on the second line. IS this the panic screen, or something else? I can't seem to get it to reset at all; assuming I'm going to have to wait for the battery to die now.
I just got a Zip and it did this as well. It reset correctly and seemed to work, but its still troublesome that it would have a problem like this.

However, then I went to transfer some music to it on reboot (using Rockbox), and after transferring a few songs in MusicBee, an error message popped up on the computer saying how the GetFreeSpace (or similar name function) had failed. The device totally locked up. No resetting of any kind would bring it back up. Sometimes the screen would come on but it would have a plaid background and the computer couldn't recognize the device. Eventually, it started showing up as the m200PLUS recovery device.

Sansa support had me return it the place I bought it from. Any ideas if this is a rockbox related problem or I just got a bad Zip?